Polyurethane Bushes - Complete Kits

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
ike849

I have been over the last week organising a complete set of poly bushes for every suspension part of the MB. Here are the results so far.....

Poly Tuff;
Control Arm Inner Lower (35mm OR 42mm Boss) - CA5002K/CA5003K
Swaybar Control Arm(Caster) - SB7110K
Sway Bar D-Bush - SB0900-16K
Rear Shock Lower Eye Bushes - SA0085K
Rear Leaf Spring Front Eye + Rear Eye + Shackle - LS5309K

Super Pro;
Rear Leaf Spring Front Eye - SPF0176K (kit)
Rear Leaf Spring Rear Eye + Shackle - SPF0173K (kit)
Listing for the Suzuki Hatch SS80V
Sway Bar To Lower Control Arm - SPF0161K (kit)

WhiteLine Pro;
Control Arm Lower - W51661 (kit) - (DO NOT GET THESE..WRONG SIZE)
Swaybar Control Arm(Caster) - W51662 (kit) - (I chose not to use these, read page 2)
Rear Leaf Spring Front Eye - W71455 (kit)
Rear Leaf Spring Rear Eye + Shackle - W71456 (kit)

Nolathane;
Rear Leaf Spring Front Eye - 47110 (kit)
Rear Leaf Spring Rear Eye + Shackle - 47109 (kit)

Due to work commitments I am no longer offering kits on the poly tuff bushes.

Polytuff Suspension Bushes details are;
73 Moss Street
Springwood, QLD 4127
p: (07) 3808 9855
f: (07) 3290 3064

Last edited by ike849 on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:49 pm, edited 8 times in total.
gadj

8) does this include the strut bearing plates - I know the local Suzuki/Holden dealer can supply ex Melb. but that is at $140.00 or so per side. (much cheaper at southern dealerships - freight apparently).
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
ike849

ahhh completely forgot about strut tops.....

I don't think they would be worth the cost to make up if you can get OEM ones for $140 each....
Brayden

As far as I know, all the rear eyelets should be the same a Sierra items, so there should be no need for custom made items there.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
ike849

I'm not talking about the eyelets on the leaf spring, but the eyelet on the bottom of the actual shock...

The listings I have for a sierra suspension bush on the rear have a 16mm hole and are a one piece bush where ours is a split bush (ie, we need to halves where as the sierra looks to be pressed through the shock eyelet). Also the dimensions are completely different to the MB ones....

I noticed that the MKI swifts have the same lower mounting for the rear shock, but no one does a poly replacement......
ToranaGuy

I bought a rear spring shackle bush kit off Ebay for my rear leaf springs. Going to fit them soon.

I could be interested in D bushes for the front. I imagine it would tighten the front end up a lot. I've got nolethane bushes all thru my EB, and i love how tight it feels compared to stock good rubber bushes.....

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
Brayden

Fair enough Ike, my mistake. :oops:

I'd be up for a complete urethane replacement set too, but the last time I tried poly cone bushes in the front control arm/swaybar they cracked.
ike849

yeah I'm also unsure of whiteline pro quality for the caster bushes but they already have a mould made up for them.....and they will be under warranty.

Brayden Who made up your caster bushes last time?????????

I have used Polly Tuff on my others cars and their poly bushes still look new after 3 years of daily abuse towing a trailer around!!!

Poly Tuff uses a different chemical to cure the poly thus reducing the shrinkage in the mould. This makes them a more accurate copy of the OEM bushes....

Poly Tuff also have a very low failure rate due to them being a smallish time operator. Most bushes crack or crumble from incorrect mixing of the catalyst agent much like fibreglass resin. Like any product this is more likely to occur in a large mass produced environment much like red ranger as I have seen first hand more than a dozen of their bushes fail (i'm not trying to bad mouth companies/people here, but just sharing my experiences)

ToranaGuy the D-Bushes on the swaybar won't tighten up the front that much if yours are in OK condition. Caster bushes however will!!! Every single one i've taken off a MB has been deformed/flattened so bad that when I got the OEM rubber one I thought I had ordered the wrong bush!!!!
Brayden

My bushes were lathed from a Nolathane blank. I would be willing to give another supplier a try though, so put me down for a full set.

I suggest to cover costs you just tack the R&D onto each set until it is covered. As long as we have a part number set at the end for the future I'm happy to foot part of the bill.
JB

Also interested in a set
JB

ToranaGuy, I think I have the same set of Leaf Spring Bushes from eBay, not good! I ended up ditching mine and traked down a Nolathane kit instead
ToranaGuy

JB wrote:ToranaGuy, I think I have the same set of Leaf Spring Bushes from eBay, not good! I ended up ditching mine and traked down a Nolathane kit instead
Really? I think they are super pro bushes or something like that.

I've got super pro's in my EB, and have no issues with them. It get's driven hard, sideways & so on and the bushes look new after 100,000 kms. I can't say the same about my engine mounts or gearbox mount, they are all needing replacing again. :-o :D

ike849,

I know what you mean about the cone bushes - when i replaced mine, i thought i had the wrong part as well, as they were so different in shape when removed from the arms. My front bushes were all replaced about 18mths ago, car has done less than 3000kms on them. I imagine they will wear our much quicker when i get my new 15's on the ute.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
ike849

I also have ordered from the same ebay supplier in brisbane...I got 3 sets of rear bushes, 2 looked like super pro bushes (deep blue colour).

The third set was light blue in colour and were brittle....I threw them away!!! (not worth the hassle of the refund)

I will post photos of all the bushes when they arrive as i'm 100% sure on the quality of the D-bush and lower shock bush from Poly Tuff. Again I am also weary of Whiteline Pro stuff (caster and control arm bushes), purely because I have never had any experience with them.......maybe hold back on the orders until they have been road tested for a month or so??????

All part numbers and prices will be posted here for future reference....
I just find it a bit weird that someone has gone to the trouble of R&D the caster and control arm bushes and hasn't bothered to do the rest of the car?????
ToranaGuy

The R&D part is a little strange, but maybe there's more than the mighty boy & hatch/alto that share those bushes, making it worth while for them.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
JB

Yeah, the set I got was deep blue in colour.

Main problem was that the crush tube supplied had too great an i.d. for the standard MB bolt. I had some heavy wall tube that I machined to the correct size then fitted the bushes.

The next thing was that the flanged ends where almost dished, and not crowned like standard bushes, so they seemed potentially sloppy when mounted.

In the end, I did what I should have done, and went to a reputable name. The Nolathane website had a kit listing for the Hatch, I get them, and they are fit perfect.