Carby issue?

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Eamon

Hey all,

When stopped and after i put my foot down i get a small amount of rev then a blank spot then continues revving, or basically when i put my foot down it does not rev smoothly from idle i get a small sputter.

not in a huge rush to fix as it does not affect my ability to safely drive the car but would be interested to know whats up. i did just have my mighty boy serviced so it cant be the points and plugs.

Thanks
Brayden

It could be the points if they weren't gapped correctly - which would make sense if the problem has only popped up after the service.
If the problem is the carby then it is most likely a blocked power valve, which squirts a little bit of fuel into the primary throttle when you first dab the pedal. You can check it by taking off the air filter housing and looking for a small copper tube in the primary throttle. With the engine off, give the throttle a quick flick (at the carby) and look for a squirt of fuel coming out.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Eamon

I had a look at the points gap and it was just under the .4mm spec so i adjusted it accordingly. She revs like a dream now :)

Thanks