Front bar

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Damo834

Hey guys. I recently bought my first mighty boy and want to put a front bar on it. Does anyone have one for sale or can give me a run down on how to make one?
Brayden

There's no guide for making one, it's a matter of learning how to work with fibreglass and buying an aftermarket bumper of similar shape/size and cutting it down to fit. Places like Sydney Special Vehicles have aftermarket fibreglass parts that could be used as a starting point.
The alternative is to import a bumper from a Japanese Kei car and modify it.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
MightyTOFU

I noticed a lot of MB's using Alto Works front and rear bumpers. Is there any kind of guides as to what work needs to be done to fit them to an MB?
F8B top speed... depends on the tailwind...
86BOY

I'd say a few people have mounted them different to others. For my setup I cut the front of the guard off and folded/welded a flat lip for the bar to then meet up and sit flat on. I made a little tab coming from the guards and used the factory bar side mounts. For the front I bent up a couple of 90 degree brackets that are welded to the body, these bolt through the mounts behind the indicators. I then added a couple more of my own right down the bottom so it wont wobble and makes the setup solid.
Bar Mounts.jpg
IMG_4756.JPG

The rear bar requires a little trim of the arch bit and round the top edge to follow the body line. For the wheel arch, the best way is to cut and fold a lip (using heat) in the same form as the MB wheel arch. Some good screws hold both sides to the inner lip of the MB wheel arch. The back has a hole behind both of the plastic inserts, drilled through the rear of the MB and bolted it up.
IMG_4715.JPG
MB rear.jpg
Boosted F8B Pocket Rocket.
MightyTOFU

Looks very nice mate!
86BOY

Thanks mate, It'll be great when they are colour matched later on!  :thumbup2:
Brayden

I used a similar method for fitting my Alto Works front/rear bars.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
MightyTOFU

Hey 86BOY what size are those rims and tyres you're running in those pics?
86BOY

Currently running 14's with 165/55/14 tyres. Hard to get a decent tyre in that size as its not a common profile to run. Only 1 tyre shop had them so I was pretty lucky to get some.
MightyTOFU

Yeah that's my biggest concern as well now that I'm looking at upgrading stock wheels. I'm having a lot more luck with 13s so I might go that way.
Zuffen

Achillies make that size tyre.

We found the same lack of availability here in Australia.

Apparently quite a common size in Europe.