some pic's

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
bswift16

here are a couple of pic's of what i have done so far, relocating the altenator and a quick dummy fit of the supercharger

willing to prove red ones go faster
Brayden

Looking good mate! What are you doing for the crank pulley though?
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
fritz

Geez mate. That is very nice work. I like seeing people pay attention to details when doing work like this. :)

It may not be an issue, but the alternator looks like it is slighty out of alighnment with the belt in one of the pics.

I'd be very interested in how your supercharging project goes. As I've stated before elsewhere I'm not a huge fan of turbos, but would like to see how one of these sound/goes on a MB.
me217

do u need a custom exhaust manifold for the supercharger since ill be doin this sometime next year.
ps yr engine is so clean :-o
mines messy :oops:

me217
me217

1985 suzuki mighty boy : mods, f8b
1990 toyota mr2 gt import : mods, turbo timer, short shifter, 2.5" exhaust
1992 suzuki sierra : mods, g16b mpfi, 235's/75, snorkel & lift on the way.
Brayden

A set of extractors and larger exhaust system would almost be a must. I mean you could leave the standard setup but gees it would cause a big bottleneck.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
me217

i was more wondering about it being more in the way of the supercharger.

me217
me217

1985 suzuki mighty boy : mods, f8b
1990 toyota mr2 gt import : mods, turbo timer, short shifter, 2.5" exhaust
1992 suzuki sierra : mods, g16b mpfi, 235's/75, snorkel & lift on the way.
Mommers

nice work, and yes very clean engine you have there. What engine is it?
'86 Suzuki MightyBoy F5A

www.caraudioaustralia.com
bswift16

sorry ive been a bit busy with work n stuff

ok to answer questions

the crank pully i am going to leave stock and run the one belt, if this doesn't work, Ill get the guys from work to make me a new one with a v-belt for the altenator and a flat or toothed pully for the charger

the altenator is slightly out of alighn but it hasnt caused any problems yet, if it does i will probably make up shims to fix the prob

Brayden is right extractors and larger system is a MUST i only have the manifold on while i am bedding it all in when i mount the charger for real its straight to th exhaust shop

the engine is a F8B

and its clean because i paid a fark of a lot of to get it that way :D
willing to prove red ones go faster
Zeeky

Gday bloke.

Was just wondering what you were doing about your airfuel ratio.

I have a tiny ihi turbocharger ready to go onto my f8b, but im hesitant to start the project because i fear that the turbo compressed air will upset the air fuel ratio far too much. Im new to turboing things but im not new to how they work. Would you use a pressure mechanism that would sense the extra pressure and add extra fuel via an electric injector, or maybe a larger carby jet? Idk. Please let me know if there is simple existing technology that makes the air fuel right after the pressure increase, i guess you pressure will increase gradually and all youll need is jetted carby.

Also... Could you show us a pic of what you are attaching to the top of the carby to keep your pressure from blowing the lid off. Ill just make one myself, but im assuming it will need to be fastened by something other that the aircleaner stud.

Thanks.