Lowering-DIY Guide

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Husky

Dave,
The ones you need with the blocks are 12mm and fit nice and snug around the bumpstops
2x packs UB57P(u-bolts)
Autoone is where I went
:)
Dave

Ok mate, thanks for the help.

Cheers
Dave
calibur

hey guys i need your help URGENTLY. at the mighty boys struts lowest point. completely compressed it is still to high. are the suzuki swift sa struts shorter all together or is there something else shorter?
bigmaddz

ok so ive read this and am a little confused but in the long run ill get through it

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SUZUKI-SWIFT ... 786wt_1037

if i buy these will it lower the front and back of the boy equally?? i see blocks and all the rest of it but sounds to complex for me to try! also is it the same to change the springs on the back as the front?
ZUTUTU

The mighyyboys have leaf spring rear suspension not coil springs. You will still need lowering blocks for the rear bit the swift coils for the front are fine
bigmaddz

yes i notice this when i had a look this morning....rookie error
bigmaddz

yes i notice this when i had a look this morning....rookie error
Brayden

Those are the wrong Swift coils for the front. They need to be from a MK1 (86-88) GTi.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
bigmaddz

Thanks for that Brayden
ssc87

Went around chasing ubolts $24 each from a local suspension shop, auto one didnt seem to know anything about a supplier, trailer shop only had a handful of sizes.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DATSUN-1000- ... 1033182760

Is this the cheapest i will probably find?
goose360

I've just ordered a set through Auto-one, not sure of the price though. But I found that not all Auto-one stores get them in
I've called heaps of other places with no luck.

These guys supply the right ones
http://specialtyautomotive.net/cat/?op=sp&id=881
goose360

Actually, while I'm here, I had a bit of trouble with the front springs on mine. I borrowed a set of spring clamps but they were too big for the springs :lol:

Any ideas for the best place to buy a pair of clamps that would fit?
Brayden

You don't need clamps. Just undo the centre post nut on the strut before you jack the ute up. That way the spring decompresses as the body rises. Lowered springs slip on the struts without needing compression.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
goose360

Oh, awesome! Thanks :D
That makes things easier (and cheaper)
g man

gday mb freaks,
years later from these posts I too am starting to dump my green machine.
the following info will be very useful to the Perth WA crew:
1 - Forget about using Datto 1200 lowering blocks. They are more expensive than buying old Holden blocks.
2 - If you find some cheap Datto lowering blocks you wont find high tensile u-bolts with 55/56mm size on the shelf.
3 - The widest you can buy off the shelf in Perth is 50mm between the legs so they have to be custom made.
4 - This will cost $76 + GST with washers, spring washers + nuts. (Suspension shop in Perth -my price on Wed 4/5/16.)
5 - Stick with the original post by Mr Cee J - use Holden HR blocks and you can get 50mm u-bolts but legally you must use
HIGH TENSILE - trailer parts ARE NOT high tensile in Perth - the UC Torana man at Trailer Parts in Perth is a car guy and you gotta
buy HIGH TENSILE u-botls he said - that is why he sent me to the suspension shop near him - don't do it half arsed boys +girls - if it breaks u r in deep poo poo....
6 - Top Man CEE J for this post bro - u r saving us a lot of time, coin + headache.....