M10 wheel nuts

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
ben23

hey guys, this is my first post, and I know this subject has been thrown around on here but I just need some clarification

i dont own a mightyboy, I have a ML Barina, but it seems that this site has more about the M10 studs issue than the Swift sites.

I found the NICE products nut (NN560C), and it appears to have more of a larger taper than the stockie nuts that are on the MB's and my barina, so I am wondering if these would be alright to bolt on a set of 14" CSA mags, which came off of a '91 lancer (therefore being made for a 12mm stud, and they look like they use the stock lancer nut)

the wheel should centre itself as the nuts are tightened, and if the nuts have more of a taper than the suzuki stockie nuts they should be enough.
I just dont want to spend $100 plus on wheel nuts, and it seems changing studs would cost that much anyway.

I dont really want to take the drums and rotors off to drill out the holes and whack in 12mm studs.

Its just that my budget is severely limited.

Basically, who has bolted on a set of mags, with tapered nut seats, using the NN560C nuts successfully, and can I get a picture with the nut off and the nut on? And one last thing, how much were the nuts?

Sorry about all the questions, just want to clear it up for myself.

Thanks
-Ben :)
Colin

get a nut sit it on the desired rim and check the taper ,check it dosnt protrude through the rim and check the taper covers the whole taper of the rim
MORE BEER! :beer:
gadj

NN560C nuts work fine with my standard wheels BUT the chrome separated inside the first week, so I sent most of them back.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
ceej

Here is some light reading for you on a similar subject. I am unsure if your questions will be fully answered in there, but it has a lot of info on the topic. :wink:

http://www.tamon.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2115
Garry. Nuff sed!
Husky

In the process of changing front struts/lowering etc.. I may want to space the rear wheels out 6-8mm with spacer plates to "fill" the arch. Obviously I need to have enough thread on the studs for this to be safe at least 15mm protruding from the wheel.
My questions are can you get longer 10x1.25 studs or is it reasonable to get 12mm studs and drill out hub to accomodate larger studs. All wheels will accept 12mm studs im pretty certain
Cheers :wink:
Brayden

No way on earth I would attempt spacers with a longer 10mm stud! Personally I'd avoid slip on spacers as well. Get a pair of bolt-on ones.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Husky

Thats why I was thinking 12mm studs. I havent seen bolt on spacers less than 15mm and only with 12mm studs?
casey

i have 7 and 8 mm wheel spacers and they get a good work out but dont kno if they are legal or maybe
if your not first your last CRUSETOWNSVILLE
Husky

Im not a fan of slip on spacers generally. I think bolt on spacers are the go(hubcentric).
You cannot increase your wheel track by more than 12.5mm each side.(ADR)
ben23

Well guys 8 years later im still sitting here working out how to fit these damn wheels, can someone help plz. I was 17 then, 26 now :( I've missed out on a lot but Im still sitting in the garage, 17mm socket and bar in hand.

"Budget severely limited" f*#king oath it was, I'd only just started my first job hahaha.

Just kidding, that car got sold in september '09. Would love to find it though. Been through a Magna, an Econovan, a Paseo, and now have a Torana and an Express van hahaha!\

Ahhh I get nostalgic reading all this.
-Ben :)