Mighty boy with motorbike engine.

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
stevan_istheman

Brayden wrote:If you want a massive RPM limit then the redline on a twin cam F6A starts at 9k. ;)
:stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:
Thats why i gots a twinkie F6A :burnout:
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
Billie

You can get a subframe kit, fits straight in the mini, can also get a awd kit. uses crv parts.
Billie

If i were to do a turbo engine in, i wouldnt go f6a, to common and rare. Anyone thought of a smart engine?
Brayden

Why would you want to install some piece of junk euro motor into an MB? Disgraceful! Wash your mouth (or keyboard) with soap!
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Billie

Lol, touchy subject this is. How about starlet motor? festiva motor? umm, pw50 motor?
stevan_istheman

nova_66 wrote:If i were to do a turbo engine in, i wouldnt go f6a, to common and rare. Anyone thought of a smart engine?
They're basically a 700cc F6a/K6a and cost would be the biggest killer.
Also, common and rare? they can't be both. lol

My reasons behind getting one:
1) They're a proven engine
Over in japan they race engine are pulling 200+hp
2) Parts development
There are some parts available (Adj cam gears,Pistons,etc)
3) Parts availability
While they're hard to come by in australia, in japan there are still afew kicking around for spares
4) Insane revs when de-limited
BAL4 Designs
Billie

Good point, i want something no one has done, i got a few years to work it out. I do love revs though.
stevan_istheman

nova_66 wrote:Good point, i want something no one has done, i got a few years to work it out. I do love revs though.
I know I'm playing the devil right now but...
If you want something truly crazy, make an evo engine and drive train fit. Would never be legal but you'd have some track car.
BAL4 Designs
Billie

but, a starlet engine with awd would, one model came with awd, or use hatch rsr drivetrain with it.
stevan_istheman

I think i'm gonna have enough trouble keeping gearboxes together when i'm pushing 25psi+ of boost into it. Hate to think how quickly an engine with much more power potential will chew up a gearbox.

For those of you playing at home, yes...I got a spare awd box for my F6a when i blow out the first one. 8)
BAL4 Designs
Billie

What car do u have?
stevan_istheman

Mightyboy... that is getting an F6A soon enough.
BAL4 Designs
ike849

Husky I would be looking at the gixer powered Smart cars for transmission parts as there is no point in re-inventing the wheel and a manufactured part is more likely to pass RWC...

http://www.smartuki.com/partslist.php (Z-Car no longer does the conversions)

personally I would prefer a 1000cc 2-stroke in there with with some sort of DFI setup!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

cudos to you if you finish the project!!!!
[url=http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/ike849/][img]http://www.tamon.org/forum/images/per_gall.gif[/img][/url]
Husky

I see the biggest problem as transfering drive to the wheels. I will need to talk to an engineer. In the meantime I will be investigating "How too's" for this project. It might not happen for a while but if its possible I will go ahead with it. I figure the wiring is straight forward as I use the standard wiring loom with Gixer motor. It has everything for lights, indicators, sensors,fuel system, and Dash.(use Gixer dash) would just have to extend some wires. I could use a switched active for accesorys, ie stereo. I would love to work out how to run A/C. I would use it from another small car. I think the standard alternator is good for at least 40 Amps. The exhaust from the Gixer could be used as well as the radiator.
Does anyone here live in Sydney so I can take some measurements of the MB to get an idea of howit will all fit :) Cheers
p.s
Thanks for the replys, great forum!
gadj

I have seen one or more of the clubman manufacturers with hayabusa options on their kits. Can't remember which company but simple search would find them. Aussie Co. Caterham/Westfield or similar make.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..