what seats can fit in a MB wit little mods?

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
MYT801

bought seats an after hours of work they didnt fit :censored: could someone tell me what can fit with good support for the back and so on and little mods?

thanks
Billie

swift gti, laser (early 90's).

Best to pay someone to do it if you dont know what your doing, they are holding you in the car after all.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
MYT801

thanks bille :D
gadj

Repco has some pretty reasonable sports seats on special at the moment, Autotechnia $299.00 a pair :-o .
Holden Astra seats appear to be good size too but Mum won't allow me to remove one from her car to check mountings will 'translate'.
Important to check seat height (MB is quite low) & width - most of the smaller cars are worth looking at with Suzuki sourced seats more likely to be close with mounting holes.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
stevan_istheman

If you can get cappuccino seats they would be mint...
I was looking at them ages ado but couldnt be bothered looking any further into it as i picked up some cheap 2nd heand sports seats, no idea what brand.
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
playwme

We're going to try some Hyundai Excel seats. Reasonably comfortable, plentiful, cheap as chips and the 3 door ones flip forward to give good access to that huge space behind the seats.
Tez

We're going to try some Hyundai Excel seats
Let us know how you go... :)

Cheers
Tez
So the adventure continues...
gadj

Top marks for thinking to go for coupe seats :thumbup2: I could have pointed it out, part of the reason I need to ditch the Colt seats I have in mine is they do not flip forward.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Brayden

I gave up on my rear parcel area when I installed fixed back seats. :lol:

Over the years I have tried all kinds of seats in my utes and the ones that worked out the best were:

80's Mazda 323
80's Honda CRX
Autotechnica recliners

Swift GTi seats don't work if you're tall (6'+) because the base is too thick. I tried them last year in my spare MB and my head popped out the sunroof. :snigger:
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Billie

I'm 6 ft 3, gti seats a no go.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
gadj

Billie, no wonder that mate of yours looks sooo short :snigger:
Billie

lol
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
MYT801

i cant find any seats for sale on ebay or places
Husky

I have mid-late 80's Toyota mr2 seats in mine. Good fit and headroom not a problem. Have to bolt a couple of flat bars to the sliders and drill for original floor mounting points but not a huge job. Should of course be engineered. :thumbup1:
courierguy

If you still have your original seats, Why not get them re-trimmed :?: .That's what i did.Save's all the probs :D ...............MANNY