Please help on F8C Turbo MB Conversion

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
MightySPR

Gidday all, :D i have just started a conversion on my cousins MB. The first place I started was google so here I am.
We have a complete Daewoo Matiz and plan to strip it down and use as many bits off it as possible, i have gone through as many threads here as i could to get as much info as possible. :thumbup2:
I found things like changing hubs,centre consoles, struts and lowering blocks for the rear out of a torana. is there any other little good ideas out there????

Now that brings me to my questions of WHO has done the conversion and what is the best things that YOU found to look out for :NFI: ??? i.e what drive shafts do i use? or do i have to get them modified to correct length?? what fuel pump is best? custom intake manifold?
We are also planning on putting a garret T2 Turbo on off a 180sx! :-o good idea???? custom exhaust manifold or is there a standard type that will fit F8C engine?
Also what? if any perfomance parts are available to rebuid the F8C engine?

Any help and ideas would be much appreciated.... and i am looking forward to upload pics as we go :wink:
arklan

bookmarked this thread as im doing the same thing without the turbo.

got the complete matiz from pickles, written off for just having a scratch and cracked headlight.
will just take out the whole front end and put in the mb, from what iv read wheel to wheel the matiz is 50mm wider so it should fit no problem. matiz stud pattern is the same as mboy.

fun part will be putitng in the gear stick as its the cable type but its not a major.
Billie

Once engine mounts are done the gear stick is a peice of cake. Cable shifter is alot easier than rod type.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Kartman

I did a write up on putting a matiz gearbox into a MB. It's been bookmarked, but do a search and you should find it. Driveshafts- MB shafts onto matiz gearbox ends. Shifter is a pain as the cables are a squeeze to route them. Radiator hoses are also fun. Intake manifold is plastic so it probably wont appreciate 100c intake air along with pressure.
Breyten

I'll see if I can drag Hewball in, or ok to pass on his email addy. His is in progress, but we have spent time going over the how to do etc.

I think we were looking at using the matiz shafts, remachined to suit.
1987 Suzuki Mighty Boy - F5A, stocker.
Work fleet, or Wife's Jeep Rubicon.
MightySPR

Ok thanks for the reply fellas, so can you use standard MB drive shafts with matiz gearbox ends?
Breyten

Yeah. The splines on the shafts are different, as per different hubs. So if you are going to use Std hubs, use the std shafts, refitted with the matiz style CVs.
Kartman

Here's my running commentary:

http://www.teammightyboy.com/forum/view ... f=1&t=1546

It was a few years ago! Mind you nothing much has happened to my MB since. Having children put paid to my spare time.

Seems I had to grind the driveshafts a little - I can't remember the specifics, but I think there was a little bit of a shoulder that I had to grind back to have the Matiz ends slide on far enough for the circlip to engage. I probably used a bench or angle grinder.
MightySPR

Thanx Kartman i had a read of your thread and it sounds really heplful.... so what if i put the Matiz struts and hubs in and use matiz shafts??? think i also want a wiring diagram for the VN coil module and how you set up the dizzy? or does my matiz engine have electronic ignition??? i cant look as the car is 30min away...

Cheers,
Jared
Brayden

Electronic ignition and fuel injection, so you need to wire in the ECU and harness, plus install larger fuel lines, EFI fuel pump... and so on.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Billie

Ohh just read your first post completly lol. 180sx turbo wont spool up on a matiz engine lol. Maybe at 7000rpm. Better off with a single ct12a or charade turbo maybe.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Kartman

You wont need to worry about my bizarre electronics- the Matiz has electronic injection and ignition. However, if you put a turbo on, you'll need to consider using another ecu like a megasquirt. If you have no idea about auto electronics, be prepared to pay someone lots of $$$ or spend a lot of your time learning or both. The mechanical stuff you can see and feel, whereas electrons are invisible and there's a lot of black magic that happens. Don't get me wrong, it's doable, but you're going to have to do a lot of research, trolling forums and stuffing around.

As for your driveshafts, if you're putting in Matiz struts etc, then you might want to consider installing the engine first, then fiddle with the front end. You'll probably need to chop and reweld the Matiz driveshafts to get the right length.
MightySPR

ok boys we are back on the job! engine is on a stand ready to strip down. where and what "performsnce parts are available for F8C engine???
Brayden

MightySPR wrote:where and what "performsnce parts are available for F8C engine???
Easy - none. :lol: Any performance parts you want will need to be adapted from something else, or custom made.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Breyten

Wait, there is a HD clutch for them, but not all years.
Dont know about the rest.