Oil filter relocation

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Breyten

Oh brayden, facing the engine, which side of the oil filter does your turbo sit? Lh or Rh?
1987 Suzuki Mighty Boy - F5A, stocker.
Work fleet, or Wife's Jeep Rubicon.
Brayden

It sits directly above where the oil filter should be, but I've relocated mine along with an oil cooler.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Breyten

Brayden wrote:It sits directly above where the oil filter should be, but I've relocated mine along with an oil cooler.
What relocation kit works on the F8 series?
Billie

All? There universal, they screw on to where your existing oil filter is and just uses braided lines to go to the remote filter and cooler if you get one. Theres a guy on ebay who sells a decent kit for about 350. Comes with lines and coooler and adaptors.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Brayden

I looked at the universal kits but they're not much good in a tight engine bay because braided SS lines don't bend, and even the smallest cooler they offer is pretty big by MB standards. I ended up purchasing individual components from Summit Racing, linking things up with Earls fittings and -8AN kevlar lines, with a tiny 5 row Earls cooler. That way I got it to fit perfectly with no kinks.

The cooler fits perfectly under the upper radiator support on the driver's side. (There's normally an air deflector panel in there.) I just need to learn not to lean on the support panel when I open the bonnet because it gets f*cking hot! :lol: :oops:
ToranaGuy

I've been looking at a couple of kits on Ebay, nutting out how I want to do it & where I want to situate the filter.

Braden - where is your oil filter now? Behind the drivers head light or somewhere else?

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
Brayden

Oil filter is mounted on the bracket where the charcoal canister would normally sit. No room behind the headlight because of the turbo inlet/air filter.
ToranaGuy

Cool, thanks for that.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
Brayden

Here's a pic.
If you look closely at the bottom (right of the air filter) you can see part of the oil cooler.
Attachments
IMG_0899.JPG
Breyten

A fan of allen key bolts? ;)
Have you managed to fit an oil pressure sensor on the relocation bracket that as well?
Trav

What are the regs as far as the charcoal canister goes? Do you need to keep it?
Yes it's my ute, no I won't help you move
Brayden

I removed the oil pressure light switch from the factory spot and replaced it with a VDO unit that provides a signal for the oil pressure gauge and a trigger for the dash light too.

Charcoal canister is not required in ACT/NSW as the ute is commercial and doesn't need to comply with ADRs for emissions (with a domestic F8B or F5A). Import motors require whatever emissions were factory equipped.
Billie

My air box/throttle body takes up all that space there. Should see my current washer bottle, lasts about 5 secs, but legal :)

Brayden, i get pissed off when people lean on my mighty boy or any of my cars, especially with big grease hands. Had careless people in the past helping me bleed brakes and spilling brake fluid on guards. Frustrates me alot lol.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Bill Lally

I have an F8B block that has had the oil filter replaced with a machined boss. The oil filter can be positioned (bolted) anywhere you like, as can the oil cooler. The oil re-enters the block near the timing cover, so as , to not interfere with the equipment that may find the standard oil filter "in the way".
I will take pictures if you are interested, and yes I would consider selling it , and no , I will not try to recover the cost involved in having it made, which were considerable. It was made when the oils available left alot to be desired.
The block is sound and will stand any test.
Husky

Brayden,
I would love to get rid of the charcoal canister as I want to put a oil catch can(breather) there due to my new weber carby.
Can you confirm 100% that the charcoal canister is not needed and if so what do I do with the 2 lines running to the top of it?
Cheers :)