new f8b efi engine

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
cozza

from what i was told those chinese engines are ok but they are used in the little farm cargo utes you usually buy at a bike shop which is similar to the polaris ute in design thats why it has less power but more compression, i checked them out .
red_car

You can buy brand new F8B out of china $900-$1200 from www.alibaba.com
mytboy83

ask the guy i bought my carb f8b off yesterday (agesilli) he imported one of these from china and it was sitting at his place last night. He said they were "junk" think he paid 1100 landed
sonicman23

I wonder what the manifold is worth on its own?

I did my own electronic ignition conversion using the dizzy out of one of these engines and a bosch ignition module, works well.
1987 mighty boy, f8b
Agesilli

from memory i can get that manifold with loom ecu sensors and dizzy for 700 to your door
ceej

Agesilli wrote:from memory i can get that manifold with loom ecu sensors and dizzy for 700 to your door
You haven't by chance checked the manifold out against a Suzuki F8B unit have you? Just wondering if they would be directly replaceable or if any mods would need to be carried out to EFI the Suzuki F8B.
Garry. Nuff sed!
Agesilli

i will check that out for you tonight i bought the complete engine wiring loom gearbox and everything! i was going to just turbo it but once i received the engine it is just junk!!!

i guess using the manifold and the efi setup might be the go i will compare the two when i get in later