Front hub fubar, brake upgrade time?

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
BLSTIC

So I got new wheel bearings installed yesterday. Guy said that the front hub had some strange welding on it, but everything measured up true and he couldn't see cracks, or reasons for welding at all. He suspected that the wheel bearing wouldn't last forever. So anyway, 80km later and my silence has become a squeak & grind. So I need to replace that hub. No biggie, I've go about 80 of them lying around

But I *also* have a 2nd generation Swift (89-91 ish) lying around. It still has solid discs, but they are bigger than the mighty boy ones. This will help the current brake balance as currently the rears lock up first. Plus, you know, bigger is better.

Does anyone know how much of this I can swap over? If it's a huge task I would rather do a huge task and get me some *ventilated* discs but if it's simply assembly time I'll do it.

PS: 'Boy has DOHC turbo F5A. Shafts are probably different but I suspect hub spline is stock 'Boy
Brayden

Splines on the MK2/3 Swift hubs are different to MB, same for the bolt spacing on the struts, and the tie rod links drop from the top rather than come from underneath. So yeah there's work involved in fitting hubs from that particular model of Swift. MK1 hubs are easier, and apparently Matiz too.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.