Painting front bumper + grill

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Eamon

Hey all.
since i am a peasant P plater i cannot really upgrade the MB... anyway enough sappy talk.

So i feel like the front bumper and grill could use some love and i am looking for a second opinion on it. if i was to do it id pretty much give it a nice gloss black coat (after primer and sandpaper of course)

Bumper and grille

Thanks
XiT

Still getting around to it but I'm gonna redo the bumpers in plasti dip for a matte black finish. But the gloss will look nice on the grille
If you can't wish for more wishes, wish for more Genies
Eamon

so you think gloss will work best will the grille but matte will work best with bumper?
XiT

Well it's all personal choice I'm not a huge fan or everything sparkling but plastic bumpers so I figured a matte finish. For me it matches the flat black on my wheels. But it depends on what you're going for. The gloss may work for your plan.
If you can't wish for more wishes, wish for more Genies
Brayden

Gloss on MB bumpers only works if you sand off the rough textured finish of the plastic. Without sanding and hi-fill primer the gloss finish looks lumpy.
I'd use the opportunity to buy a cheap hammer/dolly kit and have a go at straightening out the bent metal. If you fix the supports it will also straighten out the bumper.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
frednutz

cleaned mine then etch primed them and painted with silver wheel spray to match the wheels  
located ferntreegully victoria