selector shaft seal

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
mental

hey guys. looks like the seal around the selector shaft on my f8b gearbox has gone, leaking like a siv. can i change it without having to take out the box, and also does anyone in vic no where i can source 1? went to bursons & they said its not even listed. Thx
Eamon

you don't need to remove the gearbox to replace the gear selector shaft seal. i think i have an old post that describes how to replace it il look for it and post it below.
i got my one from here
https://www.4wdpartshop.com.au/suzuki/s ... etail.html
Eamon

I cannot find the post that descried the process so i will do my best (correct me if i am wrong)

to replace the shiftier seal you will need to remove the shifting fork from the gearbox
First up you will need to look under your MB, the gearbox will have a circular plate with bolts around it remove that first.
you will see a mechanism (remember how it is put together so you can put it all back) that is held onto the end of the fork with a pin, you will need to pop that out with a puncher but be careful when you do it does not fly up into the box.
you should be able to remove the fork from the box now, remove seal, replace seal. 

and just reinstall everything in reverse 
Hope that helps
mental

thanks mate. that helps a lot.