Turbos.....

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Matty

Hey guys, recently started tinkering with the mightyboy again and the bugs bitten me to start trying to finish it off ( interior and finish hard cover ) so I can then take the f8b out and fit the g10a and turbo it....

My q is as this will be a long time away I'd like to start sourcing bits when I can but I don't really no what turbo/size for the g10a is best? Want half decent boost/power.

Also what efi should I be looking for? Reckon I'll go haltech computer to run it.

Thanks for any info, :)
Attachments
IMG_2192.JPG
One day it will be DONE!!!
Brayden

CT9 from a Starlet would be a good choice, ditto a Garrett GT15 or 17. You could even go for something as big as a T25 if you don't mind lots of lag laaaaag.
Unless you can source the EFI gear from a Pontiac Firefly T3 then you'll need a custom manifold. Alternatively you could look at throttle body injection on the standard manifold.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Matty

So not as easy to efi as the f8b? Like with a f6a efi set up....

Mmm dunno if I want big lag, mind you I drive the f8b between 4/7k lol so that would get the boost up
Brayden

The only bolt-on multipoint EFI manifold comes from the US Pontiac Firefly, and they're quite rare. So yeah it is a bit trickier than an F8B turbo using an F6A manifold.
G10B Alto models had throttle body injection, which would be a viable option, and fine for a low boost setup. Probably wouldn't be too difficult to adapt the TBI from an old Falcon 6 banger either.
Matty

Low boost being under 7/8?
Brayden

Yeah, 5-7 or thereabouts.
Matty

What carb would be best if I stuck with carbys? Standard set up as draw threw or ?
Brayden

Nah, either build a pressure box around the standard carby and re-jet it, or get a Charade CB61 turbo carby).