Speaker fitment.

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Eamon

Hey all,

I am just unsure as to what size speaker would fit into the stock MB dash with minimal modification. i have found a Pair of 4 x 6 inch speakers that look like they may fit. also wondering if these will produce a good amount of sound.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fusion-Black ... Swjk9ZUcqD

if these dont fit i may look into buying a set of Sony 4 inch speakers to mount behind the dash.

Thanks
Brayden

From memory the standard speaker (yes, only one) is 2x3" - I guess a 4" could be made to fit but I don't know where you'd mount the second one! Most people tend to put speakers in the doors, or the rear side panels.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Eamon

thanks for the reply. I spent a bit trying to remove the darn thing and measured it up I belive I could make it fit. I do have a set of Sony component speakers in the rear door cards that used to be mounted pretty badly in the doors then dash, I didn't fancy the door mounting all to well. I guess I'm looking for a more permanent speaker system that is full sorround.
Warrior1

I placed my 2 Speakers either side at the Rear of the seats on both side panel holes near the seat belt mounting. No problems at all
CHR15 N

I have x2 4inch speakers stuck to the firewall under the dash. plus sub in the back.