Headlight upgrade

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Eamon

Hey all, 

I looked around the forums and couldn't find anything decisive about an upgrade for the stock sealed beams so i guess iam going to ask the questions once again..
i have particularly fallen in love with the lights on Braydens ute at the MCM meet and wondering what type they are and where could i get them? If they don't exist anymore a nice looking halogen would be a nice touch and hopefully better than the stock lights.

Thanks
Zeeky

type 4x6 inch headlights into international ebay, and there are  soooooooo many options that it boggles the mind.
Theyll fit in a mb with minor mods.
Brayden

The headlights I bought are purely for show, and won't be staying on the ute. They're not ADR compliant and put out less light than a candle - even on high beam. They are dead set shit, despite costing me a fortune. :roll:
There are plenty of similar lights that work brilliantly. I've used these before and recommend them, especially with Narva +50 globes:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Universal-Cr ... Sw-3FZJk0s
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Eamon

Thanks for the reply and good to know its not worth getting those good looking but useless ones. so you recommend a nice 90/100 or 50/90w halogen bulb and will that give me a maybe 75% increase in road lighting? 
Brayden

If you plan on upgrading the wiring and installing some relays then you could go for the higher wattage globes.
With standard wiring I'd stick with the Narva +50 in 55/60w.
Eamon

So i found these
https://www.onlineautoparts.com.au/prod ... oC7uPw_wcB

they come with 
2x bulbs 100w/90w (probably a marketing catch)
2x headlight frames (with a spot for a parkers bulb)

would it be worth buying these and installing or spending a bit more to buy Narava bulbs, i also plan to install a relay for the headlights to.
Brayden

$42 with globes? Wow that's cheap! You can assume the headlights will be all plastic (more expensive ones are glass and steel) but you'll still get a noticeable improvement over stock headlights.
Over time I reckon the plastic lenses will either turn yellow or haze over, but that's a risk you take with cheap stuff sometimes. ;)
Eamon

Yeah cheap stuff, i was looking at some other peoples projects and they seem to do the job. With those ones you suggested earlier (link) are they made from proper materials (glass and steel)? im just thinking i may as well buy the housings once and not worry about it down the track.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Universal-Cr ... Sw-3FZJk0s