Carby photos

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Venste

OK I got a mighty boy running kinda if I can I'd really like to see were the air lines and stuff go as I'm not sure I got it pulled apart cheers for any help I can get in advance
Brayden

Auto or manual?
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Venste

4 speed manual f5a
Brayden

I can't help with a pic for a manual setup, but there's only two vacuum lines from memory. One on the front goes to the distributor advance, and one on the back to the EGR on the rear of the intake manifold (assuming it is equipped with an EGR).
Venste

I have never had to touch a carby before so im literally going on what I can see and I know one in the back in the middle of the carby has nothing on it and I dunno were its ment to go as there's nothing I can see or find without a hose or properly connected
Brayden

That's the one that should go to the EGR valve directly below it on the rear of the inlet manifold. If there's no EGR valve you can just block off the port on the carby.
Venste

OK well I might go have a look now and see what I can see thankyou
Venste

My problem
Attachments
The hose is kinked on to the bottom one the top one has nothing
The hose is kinked on to the bottom one the top one has nothing
Venste

One attaches to the bottom kinked one and the other to the UFO looking thing in previous picture
Attachments
IMG_20170722_213141.jpg
Eamon

These might be very helpful
Attachments
efe6c518b330cf724abdbaf10fa24775.png
7926838c690a32db01ec27d5b788a3e0.png
Brayden

Those are vacuum hose configs for an auto setup mate.

Venste the parts in your pic are the EGR system. Run a vacuum hose from the carby to the temp switch in the manifold, and from the switch to the vacuum pot (the thing you called a 'UFO')
The way it works is once the engine gets up to operating temp, the switch opens up and allows vacuum from the carby to pull open the EGR valve, which recirculates exhaust gas into the inlet manifold via a steel tube running under the distributor. Technically speaking a MightyBoy doesn't need to comply with emissions regulations (it is considered a light truck) so you could remove the entire EGR system.
Venste

OK if those hoses arnt required how do I make the 2nd carby hole thing open (I may sound really stupid right now but I usually drive and fix diesels) this is all new to me
Eamon

The secondary throttle opens by vacuum. there should be a hose just below the carb opening that should connect to the vacuum pot. the vacuum pot connects to the secondary throttle and pulls it open as the engine rpm increases (engine vacuum).

Correct me if i am wrong or if you can do a better job explaining :)
Venste

OK so along as there's a hose from the vacuum pot to the bottom one it should work? And all other hoses are nothings??
Brayden

To clarify, the secondary throttle vacuum pot is on the front drivers-side of the carby, and has a very short vacuum line to a port on the front of the carby. As Eamon said it is vacuum operated, at what under load. The design is intended to prevent flat spotting when you mash the throttle, and also save fuel. Common problem is that the vacuum pot tears and the secondary throttle stays shut.
If you have the patience and skill you can remove the vacuum control and make a manual linkage to replace it. The benefit is better throttle control and better driveability.