Washer Bottle Relocation

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
CHR15 N

I am looking for ideas for relocating a windscreen washer bottle out of the engine bay. I don't actually have one at all, the air filter box is in the spot of where the stock one would sit (F6A conversion). I don't want it in the tray using up tray space. As for capacity, smaller the better. 500ml or less.
Anybody done something similar? or recommend a container?
Zuffen

Have you looked at putting it under the dash.

We don't have room in our engine bay (F8C conversion) so our will go under the dash.
Brayden

There's room behind the bulkhead in the vent compartment. Trouble is finding a bottle to suit the space.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Jeo

Cappuccino bottles are often used under the cowl in MX5's? No idea if it would fit an MB but it is relatively shallow and narrow.
Trav

What about putting one inside the front guard?  The VW Amarok has one mounted there, good use of empty space.
Yes it's my ute, no I won't help you move
CHR15 N

Thanks all for your input. I am now aiming for the vent compartment. I will post the results if I can get things to fit.
CHR15 N

Ok so I started looking into positioning a bottle in the window drain area and found the MX5 relocation washer bottle kit pictured. Dimensions; 34cm wide and about x 9cm x 9cm. These dimensions seemed too big to fit the MB.
mx5.jpg
Universal bottles had a similar problem, all too wide to fit anywhere neatly, I thought about hiding one inside the wheel arch.
[attachment=4]bay.jpg[/attachment][/font]

I found a motorcycle brake fluid tank off ebay ($13 delivered) and an inline washer pump ($5)
[attachment=0]pump.jpg[/attachment][attachment=3]bottle.jpg[/attachment][/font]

I put the tank under a strut mount bolt and cable tied the pump in place (no drilling). Yes it is very small, It holds 50ml plus however long your hose is to the pump. I timed it at 4 solid seconds of use, which should do me fine considering I haven't had one fitted previously.
install.jpg

If I find I want more capacity or think of a better place to put it I will. I hope this sparks some ideas for anyone else looking to add/move it.
Cheers.
Attachments
pump.jpg
pump.jpg (8.27 KiB) Viewed 3185 times
bottle.jpg
bottle.jpg (8.5 KiB) Viewed 3185 times
bay.jpg
Brayden

That's a pretty ingenious solution champ! Nice work.  :thumbup1:
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.