new mighty boy

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Zuffen

Motorcycle engine'd cars aren't allowed in Australia.  Bike engines don't meet car emissions.

I agree making the car wider to allow the use of existing parts from small light cars is the way forward.

I think making a kit to convert an Ignis into a ute would be the most practical/economical way of creating a new MightyBoy..

Once the first one was Engineered the others would be easy.

This saves getting a chassis designed and engineered.  

The cost of a bolt on kit for the change would be bearable so you may actually sell some.

I'm seeing my Engineer on Monday for our modified MightyBoy and I'll pose the question to him about designing a vehicle from the ground up and getting it registered.

I recently was involved in designing an extending semi trailer and an enormous amount of time was spent designing stuff doing FEA and then re-designing it to make it stronger/work/lighter as the case may be.

I've been modifying and having vehicles engineered since 1972 and registered an ICV in 2013 and the trailer in 2014 so know the pain all this brings. 

Still an interesting concept.
arklan

What people be willing to pay for a ignis style mighty boy kit that u could put nearly any engine in?
Im thinking 7k to 10k is around a fair price.
But would anyone pay that?

So question is, what would someone pay for the kit?
Kit being all the fiberglass body and panels + chassis. Youd have to get all your donor car bits and engine on top of that.
So completed car im thinking not more than 15k not including engineering costs.

I cant picture a lot of people paying 15k for a kit mighty boy
Brayden

I'm skeptical a complete kit could be made for $15k (coincidentally the same price as a base model factory Ignis)
The Suzuki Lapin pickup conversion kit made by Blow (in Japan) costs over $20k AUD, and that's without the car!
As for kit cars, a rolling Westfield kit starts at $19k, Birkin $22k and a Caterham almost $70k for the turnkey base model.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
arklan

say it was 20k then, would anyone even pay that much? i dont think there would be too many people willing to pay even the 10k i was guessing at :/
Brayden

For $20k I could just about build an original MB for every day of the week. :lol:
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
arklan

yeah, this idea is dead :/