Cam regrind?

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
sideways

Hey fellas. 

I've done quite a bit of searching on the matter and found a few people have had F5a/F8b cams reground but no one says who by. 

I'm looking at doing some more performance mods to the F10a in my LJ80. From what I can tell, the F10a head has the same ports, valves and cam profile as its 3 cylinder cousins. I've measured the cam duration as 182@0.050" with 7.6mm of lift at the valve. That duration makes it one of the tamest cams ever fitted to anything and obviously gives very little room for scavenging. I know there were aftermarket cams available for these back in the day but I can't find any information on who ground them or what their specs where. 

I've emailed all the cam regrinders/manufactures I can think of in Australia and they all seem to have no experience with these and say they can increase duration by "approximately 10 degrees". Whilst I understand it's hard to say what improvements can be made without seeing the cam, it's not worth it for such a mild increase. I'd like something more in the realm of 205-215@0.050. I know I could run into rocker geometry issues but I'm willing to play with things. 

Does anyone know who has reground cams for these and what specs they ended up with? 
Brayden

Good question. The popularity of cam grinding for these motors is bugger all, I suspect because it doesn't offer much bang for buck.
I do have a reground F8B cam here that was bought 2nd hand (without specs) - I'll see if I can measure it up. There wasn't much difference when I eyeballed it against a stock cam.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
KEVIN

Clive Cams,    Ferntree Gully,   Victoria.
MYDBOY Co-Pilot