JDM Mighty Boy A/C Wiring and mystery Black/Red Tracer wire?

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
classwinners

I have a very stock original 1987 JDM Mighty Boy F5A with factory A/C. The A/C compressor is not kicking in -- it has r12 gas pressure, so I've been investigating wiring. I found a broken white wire behind the glove box, then a white and black/red tracer both taped off near the edge of the glove box. My wiring diagram shows white runs interior lights and brake switch, but I see no black/red wire on the diagram. It also lists a blue/red tracer for "AC" connection. Also weird is that in my fuse box under the dash, the location marked A/C is actually not connected with any wires -- and hence no fuse. The HVAC unit's A/C light turns on green when pushed, so some current is getting to the right location. Since this is a JDM late production car, I'd guess things are different than earlier cars.

So any ideas here? What is that black/red tracer wire? and The black wire from the compressor in the engine bay goes into the loom, but I don't see where it connects.
Cheers,
Sam in Washington USA
Brayden

Very few MBs in Aus have aircon, which probably explains the lack of response. The wiring diagram only suggests the black/red wire is for 'A/C connection' but is also wired to the heater coil and switch, so it's likely a +12v trigger for a fused relay to the A/C pump clutch. That would explain why the green A/C light is illuminating.

Wiring diagram: http://www.teammightyboy.com/workshop/3 ... ng-diagram
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.