SC100 bastardisation project.

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
mowog

If it's any use to you i have a set of rear disks/calipers/hoses allegedly of a gti swift, I bought them off ebay a while back for my boy but am unlikely to use thyem.
I say allegedly because they were sold to me as swift but use studs instead of nuts.
If interested pm me we can talk business, don't want much for them but probably postage would also be a killer.
edm418

Thanks brayden, I'll be seeing the car this week, so I'll take some shots and measurements of the front hubs.

Thanks mog! I'll be in touch shortly!
edm418

Hey All, I saw the car at the mechanics last week. It had all its piping removed for welding etc so I still havnt heard it running :(

The Mechanic works with mini's quite a bit and is confident he can sort something out for the front brakes, so I'm just gonna throw money at him until its done :)

He suggested that I take it to manfield racetrack on the 22nd Nov for the openday so at least I have a date locked in for the work to be completed (probably wont be painted by then though...)
edm418

more news...

Brakes are all sorted and work reasonably well. Have had the car for a few road tests, niggling issue with a misfire, we feel the lift pump may be too small & we are running out of fuel. Seems to go all well until about mid-rpms in 3rd. Hooked up some gauges etc on Friday and have done some preliminary tests, will be getting Jono back onto it tomorrow for a further look at. Will go over it for a WOF as well, and we are trying to see if we can get our Cert man here this side of Xmas.

Do you have a spare wiper motor – this one is seized, creates a lot of heat in the wiring loom when the car is running!!

Obviously didn't get it ready for the 22nd :( just hopeful to have a blat before christmas... but we'll see...
Brayden

Keep at it mate, you'll get there!
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
edm418

haha! yeah... i cant wait to get it out for a blat...

starting to go over budget now too... :-o
edm418

got this from the mechanic today :)

"Just left a message on your cell. Have just completed final checks, welded seat mount, wired in a MIL lamp, check all fault codes etc, and gone for a final road test – goes AWESOME!
Only issue as far as engine goes is a constant fault code for no speed sensor input, as your gearbox has a mechanical drive so no electric pulse to use. Shouldn’t affect the running too much though, possibly no decel fuel cut and no gear-change fuel cut.
Other than that, we have headlamps & front park/turn lamps to sort (unless you are happy to do this) and she’s done!!
Apologies for not quite getting to the finish line for Xmas, we just got so swamped in the last couple of weeks.
Total account is currently $3893.00, less the $2440 you have already paid.
Wait to hear from you."
edm418

ugh... 3 more weeks and another $1000 to go...

car is actually finished but certification will take ages. :(

Mechanic reckons he hit 95kph in second, so i've got that to look forward to :)

At the mo it appears I have gone over budget by about $2k nzd... so including purchase of car and engine/ parts /labour etc etc its worked out to about $12K nzd.

Still have to get it painted and properly tuned...
Brayden

Pfft, forget paint. It doesn't make the car go any faster. ;)
peterg

Yes it does. The red one's always go faster. :lol:
edm418

Had a wee blat in the beast today :) it's quite quick!

Fuel pump is a noisy bastard, will have to change that and the exhaust is a pig too but no bother.

The orange mini in the photos is a 1.6 Honda VTEC jobbie, I think its putting out close to 170bhp.

I'll link some vids soon.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Brayden

Video... this needs video!
edm418

Ok... Hold on I'll post to youtube..

It will be unedited...
Brayden

That is an incredibly neat install, and I can see what you mean about the fuel pump! What's up with that?
Is it the lift pump or high-pressure pump making the noise?