SC100 bastardisation project.

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
edm418

Hi all, I have two sc100's and have just managed to find an F6A 3cyl turbo charged DOHC engine from a cappucino.

The engine will be available after March so I'll post updates as and when I can.

My plan:

1) convert SC100 from 30yr old jap shit box to 2012 spec bastard.
2) profit!

my budget is between 8 and 10K per year and my knowledge base and skill sets are shit tier. So if you keep up with my rantings expect heartbreak and tears before inevitable triumph!
Attachments
The Beating Heart
The Beating Heart
The Bastard
The Bastard
edm418

Engine has arrived!

on first inspection it looks as though the fore engine mount has to be removed, the oil filter need to be re-arranged and the exhaust re-routed to accommodate the driveshafts from the Sc100 GB. Also the bell housing on the Sc100 Gb is too large for the F6A and the coolant, air and fuel lines will have to be re-arranged.

Thats it for now, got to sort out the rust before getting stuck into the engine.
Attachments
SAM_0458.JPG

Where are you? lovely car!!!!
edm418

HI All, it also appears that the main shaft from the SC gearbox is too large for the hole in the F6A flywheel. hopefully it can be machined down . I'll find out soon and post results.

Thanks 8, it is a lovely car! but its been destroyed by rust so its about to be scrapped. All its good bits are going on my identical white one (incl the new F6A turbo :) )

e.
Attachments
SAM_0446.jpg

Great car doesnt mean to me you should leave it as is :thumbup1: hell if it was in excellent condition Id still fit a lighweight and compact g10a of F12a 3 cylinder or suzuki hayabusa would be on the cards for under 10k :) - sequential gear changes easy 200hp and weighing 60kg allup including box is just orgasmic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KujCUCgn6TY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=fAD ... ature=fvwp
mini_kompressor

Love it! Where about a are you located?
holk

mini_kompressor wrote:Love it! Where about a are you located?
Looking at the plate on the car in the background NZ
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/11796-1/holk3-1.jpg[/img]
R@tch

I'll be keeping a close eye on this, my sc100 is my current daily driver but my brother has a cappo wreck with good engine sitting here, bassically I was thinking the same thing :snigger: . I hope you'll sort out the rust soon and get on with fitting the cappo's f6a :thumbup1: .
edm418

Hi All, yep I'm in NZ... wellington tbe.

I'm thinking that the green car is'nt worth fixing... there is rust everywhere. Luckily I have a white one that is in better overall nick, so if I can get that running I'll put the F6a into it instead.

where are you r@tch? is your cappa an ea11r or 21r? there are heaps of go-faster bits here:

http://www.monster-sport.com/product/ca ... index.html
R@tch

I'm in the Netherlands, my bro's cappuccino is a UK spec ea11r. I think I'd be happy with the f6a's power in standard form in the sc100, not looking to spend heaps of money on it :D . Only other thing I really would want is a brake upgrade.

Pic of my sc100: http://www.flickr.com/photos/banpei/638 ... otostream/

btw do you know what overfenders are used on your green one?
edm418

Oooh! thats nice!

sorry don't know what fenders are used, they actually don't fit as well as you may think... I believe they are off a mini. Don't really need them on the rear unless you use spacers.

I think the F6A would be fine standard for the SC... 47kw is more than enough on my cities streets but it's good to know that upgrades are still being made!

I've never had a problem with stopping power using standard brakes, except for locking up. I think the brakes would be fine with the new engine.

Anyway, got my clutch cable refurbished ( $100NZD ) and fitted so i can change gear again. Sweetbix!
Brayden

edm418 wrote: I've never had a problem with stopping power using standard brakes, except for locking up. I think the brakes would be fine with the new engine.
They'll be fine if you only plan to use them once or twice per drive. :lol: Any more than that and the pedal will be like pressing your foot on a nerf ball.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
edm418

meh I rely on snappy steering more than brakes!
edm418

So Finally some progress... the engine and GB will be off to the mechanic next week for mating, will post price when I know.
edm418

Apologies for the shitty phone pics but here is the SC100 with the F6a DOHC Turbo fitted:
Attachments
Rust in the rear suspension mount.
Rust in the rear suspension mount.
rust in the sill
rust in the sill
26062012(002).jpg
26062012.jpg
26062012(003).jpg