SC100 bastardisation project.

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
edm418

more photos...
Attachments
new alternator and mounting bracket
new sump
new sump
new sump
new sump
new sump
new sump
muffler
muffler
Brayden

Thing will be a weapon!
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
gadj

Reminds me of the mid engined Giacattolo (Aussie built sports car using Alpha Romeo body & Holden V8). It should prove to be massive fun & definitely a weapon.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
edm418

Photos of the new exhaust and muffler. Had to reroute the exhaust piping over the top of the GB as the turbo means there is less space for the tubing to fit between Engine/GB and driveshafts.

White car will be towed to a panel beaters this week and then on to having the engine fitted, after that it will just be the wiring to hook up :)
Attachments
DSC03474.JPG
DSC03475.JPG
DSC03476.JPG
edm418

here is a copy of the first invoice. It's in NZ dollars.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2012-07-20 at 11.47.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2012-07-20 at 11.47.44 AM.png
edm418

Hi all, just spoken to an Auto Electrician, they quoted $1200nzd to sort out the electrics.

Probably going to be about another month to clear the first invoice and then maybe two more to save the money needed for electrics and certification.

p.s. I fkn hate buses.
Brayden

$1200 to wire the thing in? I need to move to NZ!
edm418

Well i'm glad to hear it's a good price! I thought it was getting up there TBH...

The sparky charges $88nzd p/h they reckon a full day to complete the job so $704nzd + 15%GST plus random parts
could easily hit $1200...

but if you do move over, bring your mightyboy!
shavenyak

Awesome project! I saw this in the flesh the other day while getting (or rather, failing) a warrant of fitness in the SS80. Looks like it will be a lot of fun when it's done!
[url=http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/shavenYak/][img]http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7592/suzukicustomka8.jpg[/img][/url]
Brayden

edm418 wrote:Well i'm glad to hear it's a good price! I thought it was getting up there TBH...
No I meant I need to move to NZ and become an auto sparky! I've wired mates cars up for a slab. :lol:
BlackRatJBJ

Hi, tracked you down at last!

I've got a dog of an SC100 in my garage I'm starting to work on and want to do an engine swap but as there are only 27 left on the roads here, no one knows anything about playing with them.

Would you recommend the Cappuccino engine swap or something else?

An acquaintance of mine has one with a 2.5l Duratec in the back but it's a space framed car he uses for grass track racing and beyond my capabilities!

Cheers - Jon
You can sleep in your car but you can't race your house...
edm418

Hi, I was lucky enough to find a cappa engine for a good price after the japanese earthquake (no salt water damage, but it does glow in the dark :)

I think its a good match as its only a 20hp gain so I won't have to do major upgrades to suspension and brakes.

there is plenty of room in the engine bay, I was tempted to use a bike engine but I need a reliable daily driver.

You could try a K10a turbo if you can find one...

Good luck though, there is heaps of info out there if you look for it!
edm418

Hi All, a few issues have cropped up with fitting of the F6A into the sc100.

1) the F6a needs an EFI fuel pump. this will not fit in the Sc100's tank. I will need to fit a small pump in the fuel tank and fabricate another fuel tank to sit in the engine bay that will hold the EFI pump.

2) the oil filter housing is very very close to the RHS driveshaft. I had the car on a lift over the weekend, at full suspension extension the driveshaft actually sits on the oil filter housing :( It remains to be seen if the DS will contact the housing when driving.

I'll take photos and post them soon.
Brayden

For your fuel pump why not switch to a Walbro intank EFI pump, or a Bosch in-line EFI pump?

If the oil filter is in the way, install a remote locator and put it somewhere else. Bonus is that you can put it somewhere that makes filter changes easier. ;)
edm418

the main problem re. the Fuel pump is the tank on the Sc100 is about 80mm deep max...