SC100 bastardisation project.

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
edm418

yeah, they have done a great job, i'm really pleased :)

ive attached a photo of the offending fuel pump, (the little silver box bottom right) I think its the lifter but i'm not sure. TBH i don't care, I just want to get it certified and back on the road, i'll sort all these little niggles out down the track ;)

should be another video up shortly...
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-02-03 at 10.06.04 am.png
Brayden

Sounds like it is a facet pump, which are noisy little bastards. I replaced mine with a Pierberg (sp) low pressure pump. It is almost silent.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
edm418

so... car is done and paid for (ouch) and back in my hot little hands :)

took it for a blat last night, pulls hard in first and second, suspension needs work, new shocks and bushes will help tighten it up I suppose.

also, pedals seem a little spongy for my tastes, I'll play around with the cables to try and tighten all that up.

Brakes... hmmm... not much confidence in the brakes tbh.. I'll put in some braided lines in the next few weeks.

exhaust is a clunky ugly POS. I will definitely be changing that asap.

The engine is supposed to rev to 8500rpm but it seems to be really straining at 6.5~7. maybe its having trouble breathing... not sure, will have a clearer idea in the weekend when I take it for some long B-road blasts :)

performance-wise, I was sitting at the lights next to a big V8 jeep that buried the throttle on the change to green, chirping his tyres... i was a little slow off the mark but then the car just took off and I blew past him with no trouble...

Also, near where I live is the Mt Vic Hill climb event. ( a closed public road in wellington city ) i think the record is about 46 sec in some monstrous WRX. The cars keep a really straight line through the curves as you would expect so when I took that road home last night, i stayed in my lane and took it relatively easy ( ie stayed in second the whole way ) and was roughly 30sec off the pace! Not bad at all I thought.

AE86 on Mt Vic hillclimb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBysK2NiB44

I have vid of my run, i'll post it soon.
edm418

some glory shots :)
Attachments
sc100-2.jpg
SC100.jpg
Brayden

Such a tough little nugget of a car. 8)
wills83

Hi Chris here. Don't know if I'm shooting arrows into the dark but I met a guy in Wellington a couple of years ago who'd been in Oman [as I am now ] and who was doing an engine swap for a whizzkid. Same guy??? I have an SC100 in storage in NZ in exc cond with only 50,000 ks on clock plus an entire 2nd car in parts. Love it. Would like to keep contact as I'll be back home in a year or so and close enough to Wellington. Your car looks brilliant. Cheers 
edm418

Hey yeah that was me :) yours is silver, right? send me a PM and we can swap contact details, cheers! 
edm418

photos of summer holiday work :)

I want to tidy up all the wiring etc over the next few weeks and then get started on the engine bay.

Not going to explore fuel cut issue until the engine bay is clean. 

Also, might put that Yoshimura pipe on for a laugh.. carbon tip may not last long and it will probably sound a bit shit but so what...
Attachments
PB260657.jpg
PB260658.jpg
P1071027.jpg
P1071035.jpg
P1071041.jpg
Brayden

So clean! Nice work. I think the Yoshi pipe has to happen.  :D
edm418

hey Brayden, yeah I think so too :)

maybe I'll have it mounted so it sticks out of the side vents.. or even have the pipe extend through the vent and then attach the muffler so its out in the airstream :)
Axeboy

Great work, looks real nice
edm418

So... getting ready for round 2 :)

I want to finally sort out why the engine cuts out under load... research indicates that the cam angle sensor is overheating and failing.

Lots of wiring work to be done plus cleaning, soda blasting, painting etc.

I want to re-work the exhaust for a more aggressive tone and also, finally tune the car :)

I doubt my budget will stretch to it, but blueprinting the engine would be nice.

Anyway, I'll post updates when I can for those who are interested :)
edm418

Well, 2 years gone by now... been through a few tough times and some big changes but all good :)

Car has been off the road since last pics were taken, now getting its front end sorted.. will have to soda blast soon as all the amateur painting i didd two summers ago is starting to spot up again.

Anyway, car has been started and will be WOF'd soon, Ill post again for the next stage :)
Attachments
IMG_1294.JPG
IMG_1292.JPG
IMG_1291.JPG
IMG_1290.JPG