water pump blues,

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
Bear351c

Hi mate. Don't get disheartened, it's great that you had a go, and learned a lot along the way. Are you certain it's the timing ? Does the engine 'kick' or just turn over and over and not fire? Did you connect the coil lead? Got fuel in the tank? Lots of things to consider, when a car wont start.
Any mobile mechanic should be able to tell you what the problem is. Don't spend money on a tilt tray, such a simple engine, can easily be diagnosed by a competent mechanic, on the driveway.

Well done for having a go. !!
Brayden

Basically if the engine turns over but pops and farts and won't start, you've got the timing off a little.
If it turns smoothly but won't fire, you probably disconnected something electrical and forgot to reconnect it.
If it turns over with little/no resistance then the belt isn't tensioned.
If it turns over once and stops or keeps turning and sounds really lumpy then you've mashed some valves.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
peternhenry

Brayden wrote:If it turns over once and stops or keeps turning and sounds really lumpy then you've mashed some valves.
god I hope not...
pulled it apart again this morning, Had exactly that happen on another vehicle... broke 2 rocker arms and cost me heaps :cry:
Any how having a break at the moment and a nice cuppa tea before I don the armour and get back into it... :lol:

having a bit of a battle with the tensioner, stupid spring, cant believe it just sits behind a bolt. or is the bolt supposed to screw down on the spring :NFI: I can't believe it would just sit there, so I've added a large washer so it cant just jump off...
released all the tappets...

It's a real battle for me folks, here is a pickie of today's wounds[img][img][/img][/img]
Brayden

You can't link to Google content because their privacy rules prevent it. Try using the forum upload function.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.