what am I missing?

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
Normski

Hi guys, new here, just got a 1985 alto fx in need of TLC, engine needs putting back together, as previous owner dismantled it and never got round to fixing it, I have here a picture of the engine bay and a picture of all the bits I have, can someone please take a look and tell me if any bits are missing and what I will need to find to get it going again, any input would be a big help, thanks guys :-)
Attachments
Birds eye view of the engine bay
Birds eye view of the engine bay
All the bits I found in the boot
All the bits I found in the boot
Bear351c

Wow.! How to answer that question??

Looks all there. Why did PO (previous Owner) pull it apart?
Does it have a timing belt on?
Do you have the big bolt and washer to hold the pulley onto the crank?
Does the engine even turn over?
Got a battery?
The list is endless................
Brayden

Everything except the timing belt and tensioner appears to be there (although the tensioner might be fitted).

Be very careful putting that back together, paying attention to lining up the timing pulley marks as per the workshop manual. Get that wrong and you're gonna have a bad time.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
KEVIN

Timing belt appears to still be there, but if it has broken or slipped they are not a free running engine & would have done valve + damage. Curious why it is partially disassembled. Best of luck with it, you will get plenty of good first hand information on this forum. :thumbup2:
MYDBOY Co-Pilot
Normski

i've been told the previous owner took it apart because the head gasket had blown, but i'm not a 100% sure. i'm not attempting to fix it myself, i'm going to recover the car to a local mechanics and get them to do it, I just want to see if i need to source/buy any bits before I do that. do suzuki still provide parts for this engine or will i need to find a car being broken for parts?
KEVIN

As BEAR351C said can't see the bolt to hold the pulley onto the crank unless it's been screwed back in to turn the engine over. Suzuki in Australia still carry some parts don't know about UK, but general engine parts are normally sourceable non-genuine.
MYDBOY Co-Pilot
Brayden

These engines are still being used in India and in a bunch of Chinese ATVs. Parts are readily available.
Normski

Hey guys, just thought I'd mention, I have access to a 1998 wagon r wide turbo automatic, would the engine in that fit into a alto hatch?
Brayden

It isn't a direct fit, the engine bay in the Alto is too narrow.