semi sealed headlight conversion

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
800beast

I got some nice new semi sealed Crystal lens headlights for my hatch and when I pulled the old ones out I noticed the headlight bracket ring thing is attached to the light itself. Just wondering what brackets/buckets people have used to attach new lights.
IMAG0550.jpg
IMAG0549.jpg
Brayden

Try Sierra buckets. ;)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
800beast

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 48&alt=web 

Do these look like they would do the trick?
I can't find any actual buckets.
gadj

They look the goods. I've done the crystal insert conversion on my MB along with +50 bulbs & they came out giving a hugely satisfying improvement in light quality/brightness & spread. My MB is an 86 rectangular headlight model, the retaining rings were tight on the insert but still came off - similar story with my LJ50 which has also had the crystal treatment along with lighting loom upgrade but has not yet been back on the road... 15 years later.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
800beast

Sweet so I dropped In to my suzi wrecker and checked out the Sierra lights. They do have that removable ring on them which fits perfect. Not sure if I like the look of the actual Crystal light on the old car but the light output is heaps better already and I only have one h4 globe.
Roboclan

Hi I was just wondering if you saw the mb light conversion kits on ebay, qnd if you did why you went this way?
800beast

I did but they are only for square headlights and my hatch has round lights. If they made a kit for round ones I would have got it in the first place :wink: