Suzuki hatch in India!

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
Brayden

I've just weighed a complete F6A head with inlet manifold and distributor, but no exhaust or turbo.
Result was ~25kg. The cast iron exhaust manifold and dump pipe, plus turbo would have to weigh at least 10kg, which makes the whole lot over 30kg.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
sahilrathod

Big update! F6a DOHC head is finally in my possession. Can't wait to start wrenching on it. A question:
How different are the head gaskets of f6a DOHC & f8b? I can get my hands on f8b gaskets easily, f6a would be a hassle (shitty import laws in India).

@Brayden : are you doing the head swap too?
sahilrathod

I know this is asking for a bit too much, but does anyone here have or know where I can get a CAD design/blueprint of a head gasket for the Suzuki F6a DOHC engine from the Suzuki alto works CR22S?
Brayden

sahilrathod wrote:Big update! F6a DOHC head is finally in my possession. Can't wait to start wrenching on it. A question:
How different are the head gaskets of f6a DOHC & f8b? I can get my hands on f8b gaskets easily, f6a would be a hassle (shitty import laws in India).

@Brayden : are you doing the head swap too?
You couldn't use the F6A gasket because the firing rings are too small for the F8B bore.
I am planning on doing the swap eventually, I'm just too busy at the moment.
sahilrathod

Exactly why I'm looking for a CAD/blueprint or something so I can get a custom gasket made.
If someone has a spare gasket I would really appreciate a scanned copy with a measurement scale.
sahilrathod

Hey guys,

Need some help with this:
The center distances on the head vs the center distances in the block are offset. The first and the last cylinder do not align perfectly with the head, shown in the picture attached.
Could this be a problem?
Valves clear the cylinder walls by 2mm.
Attachments
IMG_20160403_133520613.jpg
IMG_20160403_133447148.jpg
Brayden

I don't see a problem as long as the valves clear the walls and the pistons. After looking at your photos I just went and stuck an F6A gasket on a spare F8B block and was shocked at the offset of the outer cylinders. It is at least 5mm on the outer walls. Incredible that Suzuki would shift the bores between F series blocks.
sahilrathod

The f6a could have been a lot stronger if the bores were kept a bit further like the f8b block, plus more upsize options.
Would it help if I CNC shave a bit of the head to match the bore?
Brayden

You would need to shave an equal amount off all three combustion chambers to ensure they remain the same size (and maintain compression ratio).