Distributor cap for 1984 Hatch 800

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
Hammy

Hi all,

As you can probably guess, I'm new to the Suzuki scene, so even though I've scoured everywhere I could on this site (and many others) I still struggling to understand what parts are common between the various early 80s Suzuki three cylinder cars.

Anyway, I've spent ages looking on this site and the rest of the web trying to find out conclusively what the correct (and alternative) part numbers are for the Distributor Cap and Rotor Button for my 1984 Hatch (800).

So far all I can find is:
- Bosch GD681 for the Distributor Cap, and
- Bosch GD527 for the Rotor Button

Some places suggest this are the Suzuki F5A (550) engine part numbers and not the ones for the F8B (800) engine.

Other sites suggest they are the same, while others do not mention the Hatch but refer to the Alto and that's where I start to doubt I've got this worked out.

Can anyone confirm that Alto 800 (first series a round 1984) uses the same engine and therefore needs the same servicing parts as the 1984 800 Hatch?

Thanks for any help...
Brayden

The rotor cap and button are common across F5A and F8B. Hatch, Alto and MB. Same can be said for most parts.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Hammy

Thanks again for your help.

So would I be right in thinking that the main difference between the F5A and F8B are the bore and stroke and the size of the carburettor?

Has anyone put together a list of what's not common that I can refer to? I did scour the forums, but couldn't find anything specific. (Apart from one post that did identify some common Hatch/Mighty Boy parts, but not much regarding engine.

Regards

Hammy
Brayden

There's probably something in the Technical FAQ, but there's a pretty simple way to explain:
Nearly all serviceable parts (gaskets, filters, plugs, leads, hoses, etc) are common for F5A and F8B. Beyond that, the ancillaries (starter, alternator, carby, etc) are the same in only limited cases. There are also variances between auto and manual equipped motors.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.