New hatch

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
Eamon

Hey all i just picked up a Suzuki hatch and noticed a few things are different about it (dash and fuse box are different) would anyone know any info about this particular version of the hatch?
and does the F8B automatic trans have 2 or 3 gears?

If those stupid images dont work here is a link to dropbox folder
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/ao8bb6oosxvv ... 3dCJo8CKZa

If she doesn't cost a ridiculous amount to repair i might make a project thread and bring her up to rego standard. 
Brayden

That's a Series 1 Hatch. Nothing too special about it really.
Auto gearbox is a 2 speed.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Eamon

Yeah i was thinking it was one of the early models with the primitive glass fuses and very basic dash 
Eamon

Maybe in the future il swap out my MB manual transmission for the auto just for the shits n' gigs, ive always wanted to try to drive an auto MB.
Whould it also be worth swapping the dash out? only problem is the cable - electronic speedo i think 
Brayden

It's a bit more than just swapping the boxes. Manual MB has a different subframe and none of the wiring/sensors required for an auto box to work.
Not sure the dash is worth swapping unless you really like the look. Personally I think the late model Hatch and early Alto models have much better dashboards.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Eamon

i know there is a bit more electronics involved in the automatic and the sub frames are a little different. il see how i go, i might just get her going for a paddock runner.

Cheers for the input