F8C 85 Alto

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
ajhutton

So I blew up the gearbox in my 85 Alto which I purchased with an F8B in it already (F5A gearbox though),

Almost impossible to find an F5A gearbox nowadays and so my eyes turned to the dozens of Daewoo Matiz's with F8Cs littered around u-pull yards.

I did some research and found some suggestion that it was a pain in the ass to mate an F8C transmission to an F8B engine and that it would be easier to go with a full swap to gain EFI and an engine from this century.

I was wondering if anyone has any information on how similar the F8B and F8C are in terms of mounts and dimensions.
Brayden

The overall dimensions are similar, but the mounting points are completely different. The F8C inlet manifold is also a bit too tall to fit under the MB bonnet if the motor is installed at the same height as an F8B.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
ajhutton

Yeah I've seen some issues with engine bay size in the MB however I've got an Alto (ca71v) which already has an f8b in it
Brayden

You should have less of an issue with an Alto due to the slighter taller rake on the bonnet.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.