Website downtime (damn hackers)

The latest Team MightyBoy news and updates, plus your ideas and feedback
Brayden

Well some hackers managed to get their dirty fingers inside the server and injected a whole bunch of code that was bouncing people to Russian websites and prompting downloads of suspicious files. I'm not sure how they managed to do it, but thankfully backups have come in very handy and everything was able to be restored with minimal delay. There will be some lost content on the forum, but I hope nothing important was lost. Please let me know if you see anything broken and I'll look into it.

My sincere apologies for anyone who was inconvenienced, or happened to be tricked into marrying a Russian bride. ;)

As a precaution I would suggest changing your forum password and choose one that is secure (no common words or number/letter combinations). The database wasn't compromised, but hey, it couldn't hurt.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Brayden

I should also mention that you might get a browser warning for the next 24 hours or so. I've logged a request to have that removed. :)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Billie

Good work Brayden, i though 250 was abit cheap for a bride.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
mini_kompressor

Cheers Brayden :thumbup2:
arklan

i got xp antivirus 2012, a fake anti virus that spams up your screen and wont let u browse sites or access the control panel.
i thought i got it from downloading movies but after i removed the virus i kept being told that team mighty boy is a hack site and i cant go there.

the way i fixed it, i went in to safe mode and did system restore.

the virus is still here a little tiny bit but i can do everything i could do before, just not my banking
Tez

the virus is still here a little tiny bit
This is like saying your girlfriend is a little tiny bit pregnant.

Either she is, or she isn't - there's no middle ground.

Either you've got rid of the virus or you haven't. There's no middle ground.

If you can't do your banking, I'd suggest you haven't got rid of your virus.

(Sorry about that).

Cheers
Tez
So the adventure continues...
gadj

I found out the hard way late last year. Now I use Malwarebytes & Ccleaner before shutting down if I get any warnings. They usually deal with anything that gets past AVG free edition.
These programs are easily found via search but be careful of other products that will come up claiming to be equal or better as they might not be.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..