historic/conditional rego

The latest Team MightyBoy news and updates, plus your ideas and feedback
scott7

Has anyone been thinking now mighty boys are getting old enough to be on historic/conditional rego are we as a forum looking into the ins and outs of this rego/registering as a club,etc
I for one have a 1 owner/been in the family from brand new and dont have the need to register on full rego but still want to enjoy on historic rego.
I have spoken to a few ute/mini truck clubs and these clubs are not interested in mighty boys.
MACK MEATY BITE
Brayden

I've looked into it for TMB and a couple of other car enthusiast groups. Short story is that it is a lot of effort and unsustainable for smaller groups.

To have a club that qualifies for historic/conditional rego you need to set up chapters in each state with at least 6 paid members per chapter and official hierarchy (President, Treasurer, etc). Each chapter must be a paid member of the state car club authority (in the ACT that's the Council of ACT Motor Clubs) and have meetings, including an AGM.

Assuming we could find enough willing bodies to meet those requirements, the kicker is that historic/conditional rego puts stringent limits on the kms you can do, and log books must be kept. Considering TMB has maybe one or two cruises per year, members would never get to drive their utes, making the whole thing a bit pointless.

The reality is I think it is better to hunt for a local car club that is willing to accept off-brand vehicles.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.