G15A DOHC into a SK410 (Taking my sweet ass time)

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
Nehemiah

Project is still going... Slowly, lol!

Sorting out the GTI wiring loom.

No time (as per normal) for the project ATM. But defiantly will be getting stuck in again soon (post exams).

Cheers,
Sam.
[url=http://www.tamon.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2744]Can a G15A DOHC engine fit into a Carry Van? Short answer...Yes. Click for the long answer...[/url]
ToranaGuy

Cool dude. The wiring will take a while to sort out. I've been working on the engine bay harness for my Hz panel van, it all needed replacing, and i've had to modify it to run my electric dizzy. Wiring is much fun, not... but it's nice once you have it working.

Keep at it man, getting closer!

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
Nehemiah

Back again with some more carry van goodness!

Current state of things:
Motor is back out while all the remaining fab happens in the van.

All the little stuff is getting taken care of now, including belts, tensioners, sump gaskets etc... So soon the motor will be fully ready to go!
You can see in the pic above I’m running speed flow fittings for some of the hoses in the van.
The remote oil filter kit got a once over as I replaced the barbed fittings with speed flow -10 push lock items (mmmm shiny red and blue!), I’ll rest easy knowing the oil system won’t leak!

All the extra electrics I need were ordered from Narva today (fuse blocks, relays, switches, etc...), so I should see that this weekend.

Waiting on my tax return before I can send off all my patterns to the laser cutter, although its mostly boring bits of flat steel with holes in them, I really need the brackets to finish the cabin fab work.

Plenty going on, mostly cleaning, painting and locking stuff down into its final position.

Thanks for the comments and having a look,
Sam.
[url=http://www.tamon.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2744]Can a G15A DOHC engine fit into a Carry Van? Short answer...Yes. Click for the long answer...[/url]
ToranaGuy

Cool man.

I know what you mean, awaiting tax refund to fund more work. I'm awaiting mine, and if i can get my bathroom fixed & have money left over for the mighty boy, i'll be picking up the turbo, IC, piping & playing with all that........

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Nehemiah

Finished my relay and fuse block setup for the van today, as well as integrating the necessary bits to (hopefully) make the motor function as per factory.

Time will tell!

Still no tax money, so no laser cutting. Work goes on though as I'm going to start making the aluminum covers for the fuel pumps on Tuesday.

Hopefully ill get round to posting some images too.

Cheers,
Sam
ToranaGuy

I bet your glad to have the relay & fuse block sorted! I'm still to even book into my accountant to get my tax done. Gotta ring them tomorrow & book i think, so i get car fixing monies lol. :D :x

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Nehemiah

Car fixing monies FTW! Put in my tax today, so not long now! :D
Yeh, don't mind wiring really (that will come back to bite me!)... Still, heres some more low res phone pics!

Thats the relay and fuse block for the EFI components. Its all wired back into the GTI loom as per the factory diagram... lets hope it works. The two rocker switches control the high pressure and low pressure pickup fuel pumps. They can be turned on manually, turned off, or controlled by the computer as per factory.

The whole lot needs to be mounted onto an aluminum plate with the computer next to it and a have the battery connections sorted.

The oil system's connectors (pushlock speed flow)

Mounting locations for the FPR and the surge tank.

Cheers,
Sam.
Jake.G

looks so good man i wish i knew how to do half the things you've done haha.

will be awesome when its all up and running.
ToranaGuy

Very nice man. I'm looking at getting an oil filter relocation kit so i can move the filter, should make filter changes better once the turbo is fit, and i might even run a bigger filter.

I've been looking into swirl pots, and i'm thinking about welding my own up, as all the ones i can find seem to be too big. I'm running a MegaSquirt ECU, so i gotta build my loom from scratch, but it won't be too hard. I've already done some major loom work on my EB, fitting a plug in fuseable link block, some repairs to the lpg loom & building a thermo fan harness, as the car did run a clutch fan, now twin EF thermo's.

Keep up the good work man!

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Nehemiah

Thanks,
Doing quite a bit of work on it atm...

Thats the remote oil filter kit with the gauge adapter plate fitted which allows me to run an oil press and temp sensor. Its a standard nissan thread so im planning on running a Z9 filter, much bigger than the standard carry job.

Cheers,
Sam.
Brayden

Sam, if you don't mind me asking, where did you pick up the relocator kit? How much?
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Nehemiah

It’s a "Perma-cool" item that I bought for a FJ20 (nissan motor) via "Rocket Industries". It came supplied with brass fittings and some hose, which i have changed to the speed flow items.
Ummm… Not sure on the price as it was originally bought for another of my projects about 2 years ago (guess of under $100?). The kit came supplied with a bunch of engine thread adapters which you can change to suit the thread of the motor, one of the Nissan ones fitted the G15A block. On the filter end you can run what you like as its independent from the motor.
I mow the local Sprint Auto Parts lawns and I’m good friends with the boss there, so almost everything I order goes through them which is basically free postage...

In short. Perma-cool (nissan kit), from Rocket Industries via Sprint Auto.

Hope that helps,
Sam.

EDIT: The gauge adapter plate was separate and is a Nissan item (Speco brand)
Also http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RACE-CAR-OIL-FIL ... 286.c0.m14

Seems over priced tho... but it all came in a box like that.
Brayden

Cheers for the info. I don't need the sandwich plate because I run a VDO combination pressure unit/dash light switch straight out of the standard port in the block. I do need a remote oil filter though, because at the moment I have to pull the whole front end off (including the intercooler) to change the filter!
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
ToranaGuy

Brayden wrote:Cheers for the info. I don't need the sandwich plate because I run a VDO combination pressure unit/dash light switch straight out of the standard port in the block. I do need a remote oil filter though, because at the moment I have to pull the whole front end off (including the intercooler) to change the filter!
Brayden,

If you have that much trouble changing the filter, i better move a remote oil filter kit higher up my list of "to get bits" lol.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Tay

Brayden,

FYI

I picked up one of these kits late last year when I was installing the turbo kit on my convertible.

I looked everywhere for this kit and for some odd reason, they were either out of stock, or couldn't get them in when I searched both online and my local auto stores.

That was a while ago now, so I assume these should be easily available today somewhere.

Here is where I got mine:
http://www.a1hiperformance.net/docs/pro ... rod_id=674
I got the "Universal Kit" (Part #: 10795).
Not sure if its the same kit that Sam got, but mine was a little more expensive at $158 delivered.

Because of my turbo kit being a little too cramped for my oil filter, this kit made my oil filter more accessable.
Most likely you will not use the straight brass fittings that comes with the kit, if the original oil filter area is tight for space, 90degrees speed flow fittings will be the way to go. The rubber oil hose they supply wont be able to do any bends.