G15A DOHC into a SK410 (Taking my sweet ass time)

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
Jake.G

i thought it sounded too good to be true.

was there much involved in getting just the tops on or pretty simple? and how much did it give you?

im after alot of negative camber.

thanks.
j-six

Nehemiah wrote:Image
Test fit of the dash... Not bad considering it came out of a different car!
More or less for the integrated tacho, while keeping a stockish appearance...

Not 100% sure on the Speedo though... possibly a picaxe microcontroller that will output to a stepper motor to control the needle, while receiving tail shaft revolutions from the hall effect sensor in the gearbox... Something to have a think about...

Cheers for the reply!
Sam.
sam,

i'd like to ask where have you got this tach? :) pretty cool to know it came from a suzuki altoworks then bolted on to the super carry dash! :p
[img]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r223/cjjayson/jsix_banner.gif[/img]
Nehemiah

The cluster was purchased off a member of this site.
Defiantly not a bolt in affair... Cluster does not fit without loads of cutting, tacho is wired for a 3 cylinder motor and my van no longer runs a speedo cable...

I'm yet to really play around with the electronics but I'm sure I can make something work...

Also, in regards to the camber tops:
Easy fitment, just enlarge the holes in the top of the strut for the M12 threads and remove the old strut top... No idea on the max/min camber yet, will play around as soon as I sort out some new rims (longchamp xr-4 15'' +18 ).

Sam
[url=http://www.tamon.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2744]Can a G15A DOHC engine fit into a Carry Van? Short answer...Yes. Click for the long answer...[/url]
Nehemiah

Still going with this... No time *sigh*

Anyway, since I finished making the new center bar for the cab I've done another test fit with the motor and I'm very pleased with the results.

The motor is now supported exactly where I would like to mount it so tomorrow ill try my hand at making engine mounts.

Pics later.

Cheers,
Sam.
[url=http://www.tamon.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2744]Can a G15A DOHC engine fit into a Carry Van? Short answer...Yes. Click for the long answer...[/url]
Nehemiah

Made both the top and bottom engine mount... Need to attach them to the cross member now....
Billie

Wow, this was a intersting read. Great work
NozMonkeys

You inspired me to do a swap on my carry. I've got a blow off valve for mine :D

http://www.tamon.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=40390#40390
Nehemiah

Stupid degree...

Hi all!
Just checking in... Haven't had much time to work on my baby, but managed to find some bits and pieces during my Ebay searches...

Rear shocks

Stubby muffler and high flow cat

Fuel tank has been shifted slightly, top and bottom engine mounts have been fabricated (currently doing the gearbox mount)

Oh... New project (after the van, lol) :D

Air cooled 360cc 2cly... 37hp @8600 rpm...
What can I say... I like little cars, lol!

Nice to see some more carry projects on Tamon as well!

Cheers,
Sam
gZerO

Yeah, I'm a fan of the Carry, especially the Carry truck. Should take delivery of my 86 Carry truck this week :) Then it'll be a matter of assessing what kinda condition the motors in, and deciding on what mods to do to the vehicle... definitely going to replace pretty much all the lights except headlights with LEDs :)
There is a very thin line between 'hardcore' and 'totally insane.'
supervan

gZerO wrote:Yeah, I'm a fan of the Carry, especially the Carry truck. Should take delivery of my 86 Carry truck this week :) Then it'll be a matter of assessing what kinda condition the motors in, and deciding on what mods to do to the vehicle... definitely going to replace pretty much all the lights except headlights with LEDs :)
led's that could look cool....
....its not miles per gallon its smiles per gallon....

1990 f10a supercarry 5speed
small van big plan
PhilODendron

Hi Sam,

congratulations to your build & the build thread!

I'd like to put a G13B Swift GTI engine into my '96 supercarry.

Read this thread a couple of times and got stuck here:

Code: Select all

A word of warning to anyone that wants to do this conversion: use a G13B block!. They are shorter in deck height (more ground clearance) and best of all the gearbox bolts right up to it... No adapter plate!

Thanks, all.
Sam.
Do you mean the stock supercarry gearbox or your G13BB gearbox?
Just want to make sure

the Swift G13B engine with
the Swift flywheel,
the Swift pressure plate
the Supercarry clutch plate (friction plate)
the Supercarry stock 5-speed gearbox

can be bolted together without the need of an adaptor plate.

Thanks a lot for the confirmation and your help.

cheers, phil
Brayden

No the F10A Supercarry box will not bolt to a G13B engine without an adaptor plate. It will bolt to a G13BB gearbox though.

The G15A is a destroked G16B, so it requires an adaptor for a G13BB gearbox.

Hope that makes sense.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
gadj

Is the 'next project' a Honda TN7 (TN360)? Dad had one years back, I'm still pissed that my brother rolled it (stomped on brake pedal with a good deal of left lock at 40-50Km/h, no load). You will be surprised at its capabilities in spite of the effects of a headwind slowing it down. I had hoped to get another & see if an early Subaru boxer engine would fit but they have become more rare than the proverbial.
Last edited by gadj on Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
PhilODendron

No the F10A Supercarry box will not bolt to a G13B engine without an adaptor plate. It will bolt to a G13BB gearbox though.

The G15A is a destroked G16B, so it requires an adaptor for a G13BB gearbox.

Hope that makes sense.
Thank you very much Brayden!

It's not so easy as I thought before, but now I can start collecting parts :)

cheers, phil
PhilODendron

Got an engine, but it is hard to find a G13BB gearbox (that doesn't cost more than the supercarry and the swift engine :| ).

Did that gearbox you use come from a carry van or a later Samurai (SJ 413)?

Could I use a G13A gearbox, too? Comparing pictures I found in the web there's
at least one bolt that doesn't match. But I could get one cheap & fast.

At last: the gear linkage. Can I use the (modified) parts from the F10A gearbox
or should/must I buy a gearbox that does not have the gear lever on it?
:roll:

Thanks again for your help.

cheers, phil.