Suzuki Carry Wheels

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
steggles54

Hi I am a newbie with plenty of ridiculous micro cars and I have the Suzuki Carry that was recently in Queensland plated for a turbo and injection, now to get this baby on the road I have got to remove the wheels and pull off the 155 x 13 tyres (on 7" rims for you people who thought they would never fit) :lol: and put those tyres on a 5' inch or 5 and a half inch rim to get the wheels back inside the Corolla KE 20 flares on the front and flared tray at the back then fit 185 or 195 X 60 X 13 tyres back on the alloys after RWC and I may have to jack it up a little to clear the arches and live with the 20 mm overhang outside of the flares, which I think will be alright or you gotta be unlucky especially when you see these Tonka trucks with 36" tyres hanging out by two inches or more. My question is does anyone have four or five mag or steel rims 5 inches or 5 and a half inches wide to suit a carry or would Suzuki Swift wheels fit although the offset would be wrong, or any ideas appreciated. I am also looking for not a good Suzuki Mighty Boy but a exceptional one like Bridens any help appreciated Cheers from Victoria, I also have a immaculate Honda Z 360 or Zot water cooled plus a few more. Oh and by the way the tray on this Susy is 540 mm to the top of the tray at the lowest point!
Brayden

steggles54 wrote:My question is does anyone have four or five mag or steel rims 5 inches or 5 and a half inches wide to suit a carry or would Suzuki Swift wheels fit although the offset would be wrong, or any ideas appreciated.
Wheels off a FWD will scrub on the front springs unless you fit spacers, which won't help for a RWC. If you can get a set of wheels from a Datsun then you'll be just about spot on.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
steggles54

Thanks Brayden, I was told earlier on, KE 30 Corolla, Datsun 1200 GA Swift as they are 4 X 114.3 stud size and I think I may sneak 175 X 50 or 60 X 13" tyres on these alloy rims without hitting anything as this was originally a 4Wd Japanese import with the front struts 50 mm lower than the Aussie version and when I work out how to post a picture I will have a go.
Cheers,
Gerald.
Brayden

If it is the Jap spec then you'll have no trouble with 13x5 at 40+ offset, but tyres no wider than 165. I had 165/65/13 on my Every van with close clearance on the front.

At the moment I'm running 155 and 175 front/rear on my SuperCarry and the rears rubbed on the handbrake cables until I got busy with some cable ties.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
steggles54

This is actually a 1987 Every as well and so what rims should I be looking for bearing in mind I am putting the 155 x 65 x 13" tyres currently on the 7" alloys on to the rims I am going to get to put it through RWC and then I will put the 7" alloys back on with new 175x50 or 60 x13" tyres on depending on trying both of them first currently the 65 profiles I have on are 532 mm plus being sucked in a little because of the rim width as opposed to the tyres width of 155 and if I go 175x50 the size drops to 505 mm and if I can sneak the 175x60 profile they are only 8mm taller at 540 mm which is my preferred option if I want to maintain road speed more or less the same. At least I can get tyres try buying them for a Messerschmitt or a Goggomobil now that's fun!
Cheers Gerald.
Mardy

Would love to see pics of your machine.....especially the flared guards....
I know nothing....realy! Just ask me....