Kei's 2001 Carry ute

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
oldvanman

Brayden wrote:I'm trying to convince a mate to boost his Carry ute, but he's afraid of smashing something in the driveline and not being able to find parts. Personally I think he's being soft, so I'm very interested to see/hear how yours turns out.
Notes...
The driveline is tough. My turboed G16B Carry van goes very hard and hasn't broken yet.
My 2004 van is usually loaded with tools, the roof rack loaded with stuff, and I tow a trailer. Nothing broken there yet either.
Genuine nad knock-off parts are readily available on Yahoo Japan and Aliexpress.

I do like the G13BB but the turboed G16B is my favourite.
Once a 2%er, always a 2%er. (old vanners know what I mean)
Kei

Turns out my car didn't drop a cylinder... I was a bit confused because it was driving fine so this is great news. Not so great news about the mechanic I was using originally though!

Anyway, the guys at the turbo shop reckon it was just a valve clearance issue and it's fixed. They're doing some more work to get it road worthy now, then onto the turbo job.

In the meantime, I am testing out some overseas ordering. Just placed an order for these:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/uj-f ... lsm05_car/

Will see how it goes.
oldvanman

Kei wrote: Just placed an order for these:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/uj-f ... lsm05_car/

Will see how it goes.

Nice Find
Once a 2%er, always a 2%er. (old vanners know what I mean)
Kei

oldvanman wrote: Nice Find
Cheers man, your clues with the Changan and Aliexpress (which I also love) put me onto the case.

I also found a site in English where they'll buy and ship you stuff from Yahoo Japan... I'll try that next. (http://yahoo.aleado.com/)
Kei

Been a while.  Moved house, changed jobs and women.   

Turbo carry is on the backburner, just doing some other things to it.    I just got it back today with some new extractors/exhaust.

Sounds and looks awesome.   It's dumped near the rear diff, so from the back of the car you can't see anything.
WP_20160405_002.jpg
WP_20160405_003.jpg
HEMI426

Slowly but surely -lookin' good  :thumbup1:

awsome stuff here, OMV wheres your turbo g16b info? great to hear a lil more!

Im here with a suzi 660cc ute 4wd as its super cheap on this island anything over 660cc gets taxed big time 700%
has an F6 engine and friend has a low km F6 turbo jimny which flies! yet looking at using a daewoo 800cc bottom end
re stamped to fool the local rwc guys. Brayden any info on whether the turbo F series has special bottom end mods to
turbo them from factory vs the daewoo bottom ends, plan is 850cc turbo
Brayden

Rods in the F6A turbo engines are much thicker than the F8 series. I also believe they are forged whereas the F8 are cast.
That said, I've put 10PSI through my F8B for almost 10 years and it hasn't failed. It's all about good (safe) tuning.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Kei

I recently put fresh carpet in the Carry, then paid a bloke to re-upholster my seats.   

Lots of sound / heat blocking stuff under the carpet and seats, a couple rolls of it from Ebay, good investment.    Overall very happy with how it turned out:
P_20160815_133819.jpg
P_20160815_133802.jpg
Brayden

Those seats look great!  :thumbup1:
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
HEMI426

They do look good! No rep for the upholstererererer? :)