Carry F10a rebuild and some mods

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
loosecannon

G'day guy's

I'm helping a mate freshen up the engine in his carry van, full engine rebuild, we just want to make it breath better, and are seeing if there are any extractors available for suit it, I can only find SJ410 ones, but would need a fair bit of cutting and shutting, which we could do if need be,

Also, on the carby side, is there a slightly bigger side draught that can be bolted up and improve the airbox

We did think of an engine swap, but we would rather stick to the F10a

Thanks in Advance for your help !!

Dave
Brayden

I've never seen extractors for an F10A.
For the carby you could consider a sidedraft SU.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
murryinc

Just better exhaust. I just put a 1.5 off manifold to small muffler then 2" pipe to dump and sounds sweet for a 1 ltr
loosecannon

Thanks for the replies guys,

Looking at the 1litre sj410 extractors, ( some on ebay) they would take a fair bit of cutting and shutting to fit up in a carry van

Any ideas on which SU would be an improvement over a std carb??, I think I seen some Jap made ones, we will have the engine out, as we might as well look into it

Regards
Dave
Brayden

A 1.75" SU would be a logical choice, same ones used in triple on many ~3L sixes back in the day.
The standard manifold on the Carry isn't very restrictive, especially with the 4-2-1 design. The only way you would better it would be to create a better scavenging effect with tuned-length headers, but you won't get that from a cut/shut Sierra setup. As suggested above, if you put a 1.75" pipe from the 2nd collector with a nice muffler can get a decent note out of the F10A. Last system I did used a 2nd hand muffler from an XR6 turbo, which has a resonance loop inside. Made a really nice note, especially on overrun when it would burble and crackle.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
loosecannon

Thanks for the reply Brayden, I was looking at an SU carb, and trying to see if there is a Jap equivalent,

I can get my hands on XR6 turbo exhaust parts, I'll floow that up,

Yes, the original case exhaust manifold looks like it flows fairly clean,

Regards
Dave