questions parts for rebuilding f10a

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
arklan

iv just bought a 1987 carry ute with the engine pulled apart and in the tray.
i wanted to know about big ends and main bearings, i want to rebuild the engine and the only thing they have written on them are D7F A and D7C D and i wanted to know if these are standard. also want to get new pistons, these only have ART written on them.
the engine number starts with f10a
any advice or information greatly appreciated :)
Attachments
imhgpsh_fullsize.jpg
imgpsh_fullsize.jpg
imgpsh_ffullsize.jpg
g man

Arklan,

I am assuming you are in Perth as we are waiting to cruise around town with you on a nice day.
One of my previous jobs in life (ive had quite few) was 10 yrs of auto parts at 2 of the largest
mobs in WA.
I still work in auto parts on a sat morning - they need my knowledge mate.......

Life is easy now with the internet - google is your friend - not designed for hating.....
Get some verniers , measure the outside of the pistons or the bore size of the block.
Get on google - dial up standard piston size of a suzi F10a - bingo problem solved....
Bearing sizes you will need to get your crank measured to figure that one out.
Failing that, talk to Peter at Suzishop Cannington - he is ex spare parts guru for donkeys years.
he will probably know the part nos straight from the top of his head.....  
I think you have built mbs etc for sure so you must have an idea of what I am talking about....
any concerns pls contact me via m/boy or mty grl in Perth.

Make sure you engage a GOOD engine shop for the machine work - I know most of them.......
Good luck man and all the best with the rebuild.
arklan

ok so dads putting the engine together now and wants to know if its normal that the intake manifold faces down and the carby and dizzy also face downwards?
if the intake faces upwards then it doesnt line up properly and would be sticking in the air heaps but still it goes against his gut so just wanted to get some clarification. pics to come
Brayden

The intake manifold and the carby should point towards the driver's side wheel arch.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
arklan

ok so the whole lot is ready to go in, problem is trying to get it in,
we r thinking to take the crossmember off, bolt the engine and mounts to that and then push it back up.
the engine leans heaps to the side though, going by the gearbox.
anyone got any hints or tips to make this easier or smoother?
thanks
Attachments
16467227_584187188453433_96358010_n.jpg
16425330_584187161786769_491099055_n.jpg
Brayden

Easiest method is to get the front (or rear) off the ground and go in from underneath.
arklan

thanks for that, managed to get it in :)
anyone have a wiring diagram? just need it for the motor, everything else is pretty good for the most part, done a lot of searching but google only gives me samurais, are they the same?
arklan

i have a workshop manual in pdf form (if anyone needs or brayden wants to add to the site, sk410) for the carry and yet i still cant find where the fuel connects to the carby,
the manual describes a place that just doesnt exist on mine, anyone got a pic of where the fuel from the pump goes to the carby? thanks
Brayden

I don't have a pic (don't have a carry any more) but the fuel inlet is on the opposite side of the carby to the throttle linkage, top side, close to the choke butterfly. Should have a 90 degree barbed fitting.
arklan

anyone ever had it try to earth through the handbrake cable???? wtf??
Brayden

Yeah. Had that issue with my SK410 when the other earth connections from the battery had gone bad. Was trying to earth through throttle, clutch and handbrake cables.
solac03

arklan wrote:i have a workshop manual in pdf form (if anyone needs or brayden wants to add to the site, sk410) for the carry and yet i still cant find where the fuel connects to the carby,
the manual describes a place that just doesnt exist on mine, anyone got a pic of where the fuel from the pump goes to the carby? thanks
hi was wondering if maybe i can have a copy of the workshop manual? 
arklan

yeah no problem
solac03

arklan wrote:yeah no problem

thank you sir il be waiting for the manual