i'm a proud owner of a cappuccino

Suzuki Cappuccino tech question and answers.
Will

Nehemiah wrote:I would very much love to see some photos!
These look like fantastic fun little cars..... can you import them or do you have to chase down local ones?
You would have to chase down ones that are already in the country. Only other way to import them was via personal import but you would have to live in japland for about a year.

The compliance company that had the plate from what i have been told has actually went bankrupt hence why you cant bring them in any more.

Calibur - Welcome to the cappuccino family, you think the handling is great with the stock suspenion get yourself a set of coilovers and strut brace, it makes a huge difference!
Cappuccino Owner
calibur

hell yes. looking at them now. lucky i got connections in japan. :D
grant4561

Calibur

I have a couple of delimiters for the Cappos as I changed my ECU recently.
Boost cut and speed cut delimiter.

Dont cut the speed input wire to the ECu as the engine check light stays on. Some guys get aroiund it by just fitting a switch they reach through the glovebox so the ecu check light isnt on all the time.
let me know if your interested or if you need any other info on Cappos.

Cheers Grant
grant4561

Oh yeh if you cut the speed input sensor wire in the wrong place your speedo wont work you need to cut it at the ECU.
calibur

ok cool i'll keep that in mind. it looks like i'll be getting an autronic sm4 for the beast. can't wait. soon in the future i'll be looking at getting a k6a for it instead.
greenzook89

First Dibs on the twin cam F6A :D
grant4561

I have fitted an Adaptronic E420C ECU which you can do heaps with. Check out the Alternate ECU thread in the Technical section on Clubcappo.
Oh and I have fitted the VIDIGAUGE unit as well.
Will

you dont really need a k6a to get big power, f6a will do the job the difference between the two isnt that big (yes its chain driven rather then belt and a few other minor things)
Cappuccino Owner
calibur

yes that's true will but mine seems to be dying. or something. the engine needs to warm up before it can actually get out of my driveway. and the k6a are still being manufactured today. which is good. i dunno what to do yet.

but with the ecu i'm gettign it cheap so i'm definately going to buy it.
Will

fair enuff, i know one guy in qld is going to wack in a k10a and turbo charge that...should be interesting when its done.
Cappuccino Owner
calibur

dude send him to the forum. but yeah i think that would be awesome the k10a turbo charged.
francisjames

Good Points: Great Handling Good acceleration for the size of the engine excellent fuel economy Hardtop Convertable! Attention grabbing :)

Bad Points: Very little room Transmission has shifting problems when cold

General comments: This little Suzuki Cappuccino sports car is a great thing to buzz around town and on long drives anywhere. surprisingly, it has enough performance to embarrass most other cars as they get caught unawares by its unassuming, almost "cute" exterior. the engines' ability to rev to 8500rpm and the well spaced transmission ratios help it off the mark quickly to a claimed 8-10 seconds. (although because you are so low to the ground, it feels faster than this). the handling ability quickly outweighs any power disadvantage that the car has, as it can tackle corners with an ease that few cars in its class/price range can match or hope to keep up with. The only real problem i have had with the car is that the transmission does have a tendancy to not shift into second gear very well when cold and sometimes will not downshift from third to second, although i have been informed that using Castrol Syntrax Universal gear oil in the transmission will alliviate this problem somewhat. otherwise, this car is extremely fun to drive and certainly turns heads, especially in Australia where there isn't many of these cars around.
----------------------------------------
francis
Buzz Marketing
calibur

nice to see a new face in the world of cappuccinos' where you located francis
greenzook89

i'm gonna take a guess and say spam D.C. is his location :D
Need Paint and Panel Work Done Around Brisbane?? PM me!
calibur

yeah seems a bit weird for a first post. :wave: