Fuel Injectors

Suzuki Cappuccino tech question and answers.
stevan_istheman

ike849 wrote: 360cc might be a bit too much for the f6a?????
Add more boost.. easy fix. :twisted: :lol:
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
ike849

high revs or high boost will not be a problem, but getting the thing to idle will be a pain 8)
[url=http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/ike849/][img]http://www.tamon.org/forum/images/per_gall.gif[/img][/url]
stevan_istheman

True, true...
When i do mine i might just have to run a second bank of injectors and tune them to come on with big boost... If thats possible.
BAL4 Designs
Brayden

There's no need to do that if you run a decent engine management system. Within reason you can reduce the duty cycle of big injectors at idle and ramp it right up for high boost.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
grant4561

I wouldnt fit injectors that large to an F6AT.
I am about to fit 295cc injectors (ex starlet) I got off soldave and am running an adaptronic ecu so it shouldnt be an issue.
Al_Zhiemer

Another alternative i have seen and read about is to put a single injector in after the throttle body (depending on positioning of throttle bodies and turbo), this can then be programmed to add more fuel when the loud pedal hits the floor or as required. Set up properly i would imagine this should work really well, allowing smaller injectors to maintain fuel economy and easier tunability for every day driving but also the advantages of running more fuel for those special occassions.

In theroy i guess it would work in a simular principle to an old NOS carbie system, when the NOS switch is hit, it also has another system injecting more fuel at the same time directly into the inlet manifold.
Drive: 1997 Toyota Starlet... (the incognito mobile)
1985 Suzuki Mighty Boy, currently being restored.
1995 Nissan GT-R33

Why doesn't the Gene Pool have life gaurds??
Brayden

Sorry Al but the single support injector went the way of the dodo about 10 years ago! They always were the worst bandaid solution to a problem because the atomisation and distribution of fuel amongst cylinders was uneven - which is really bad news for a boosted motor.

Even twin banks of injectors are troublesome because the threshold point is difficult to manage. Suzuki Swift guys are managing 300hp on single banks of Supra injectors and decent ECUs, so there's no reason for anything different on a motor producing far less power.

Sorry to be so negative on the discussion, but I don't like to see people wasting their time trying to reinvent the wheel!
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Al_Zhiemer

No, fair point... its something i had come across but never had any experience with... And as with a lot of things in life, what sometimes seems a good idea can end up with someone in hospital.
Drive: 1997 Toyota Starlet... (the incognito mobile)
1985 Suzuki Mighty Boy, currently being restored.
1995 Nissan GT-R33

Why doesn't the Gene Pool have life gaurds??
ike849

"5th injectors" were used on volvos and i think saabs a while back from factory, but as brayden said, they aren't the best solution.....

lowering the duty cycle isn't the problem, complete mixing of fuel and air would be hard to achieve....

interestingly if you ran them at 2.3bar(34psi) they are only rated at 292cc but how good the spray/atomisation is at the point i don't know.....
[url=http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/ike849/][img]http://www.tamon.org/forum/images/per_gall.gif[/img][/url]
stevan_istheman

grant4561 wrote:I wouldnt fit injectors that large to an F6AT.
I am about to fit 295cc injectors (ex starlet) I got off soldave and am running an adaptronic ecu so it shouldnt be an issue.
Funny you say you're running an adaptronic... I've been looking at those for my boy and also my land cruiser more recently.

Can i ask where you had it fitted and how pricey it ended up?
Also, problems if any?
brayden wrote:There's no need to do that if you run a decent engine management system. Within reason you can reduce the duty cycle of big injectors at idle and ramp it right up for high boost.
That all depends what fuel you're using and what boost you're running. but now I'm being technical.. :lol:
BAL4 Designs
JohnnyB

I pulled out my injectors from the cervo F6A sohc and they are 195500-2300 with a light green top.
[img]http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc286/jbalki69/CervoModeSmall.jpg[/img]
grant4561

stevan_istheman wrote:
Funny you say you're running an adaptronic... I've been looking at those for my boy and also my land cruiser more recently.

Also, problems if any?
Mine was fitted by adaptronic in Sydney as part of a group buy (10) by clubcappo members.

I am just about to fit a second one to the other cappo (my son's) as we are quite impressed with it.

Total cost for a one off would be about $ 1,300.00 of you fit it yoiurself.
That would include the ecu, wiring harness to adapt to your car, an ignitor and maybe a 3 bar map sensor.

They are fairly easy to tune now as the latest firmware supports VE tuning, so if you set it up correctly initialy you can set it to adaptiove tune mode and abpout 2 hours of driving later your done.
stevan_istheman

grant4561 wrote:
stevan_istheman wrote:

Also, problems if any?
Mine was fitted by adaptronic in Sydney as part of a group buy (10) by clubcappo members.

I am just about to fit a second one to the other cappo (my son's) as we are quite impressed with it.

Total cost for a one off would be about $ 1,300.00 of you fit it yoiurself.
That would include the ecu, wiring harness to adapt to your car, an ignitor and maybe a 3 bar map sensor.

They are fairly easy to tune now as the latest firmware supports VE tuning, so if you set it up correctly initialy you can set it to adaptiove tune mode and abpout 2 hours of driving later your done.
Sweet... :D
BAL4 Designs