Blown turbo seal!

Suzuki Cappuccino tech question and answers.
25KTZ

They say everything happens in threes and Im just hoping after my wagon r gearbox crapping itself, then its tank becoming a sludge pit, and now the turbo seals on my Cappa have decided to pack it in that my three things is done and dusted for a while!

So apparently blown turbo seals= Holy one hell of a pain in the ass batman!
well.. when it comes to removing it anyways! Then again, am I some sort of idiot for trying to remove it with the engine still in? I'd found some online tutorials about dropping the engine out of the cappa which basically involved dropping the suspension and steering and removing brake lines etc, then unbolting the crossmember, jacking up the body and wheeling the engine etc out from underneath, But to me this seemed like a fair bit of work. As it turns out nothing is easy about removing the damn turbo with it still on the engine in the engine bay. Its been an awful big muck around, and even the bolts holding the turbo to the manifold didnt want to play the game without heating the manifold up first and even then it wasnt easy. But the biggest pain of all was the limited room and it generally just being awkward to get you hands and tools in anywhere, and because all the performance mods that have bee done to it happened with the rebuild it had, then all the clamps are facing ways which just cant be accessed without alot of trouble(obviously no one thought what way they should face for easy access once the engine is in) :NFI:

So... Im now wondering if i should just drop the damn engine etc out for bolting it back on.. Hmmm. :? any thought?
Brayden

Sometimes it just becomes easier to drop the whole motor out, especially when you're dealing with stubborn rusty bolts. When you go to refit exhaust/turbo bolts, put on some copper grease to prevent them from binding up with heat later on. :)

It also annoys me when an engine is put together on a bench with no thought for how clamps should be placed to access them once the motor is installed!
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
sneaza

How did you know you had a Blown Seal...??? what indicated this...??? and How did you repair it...???
Cheers.