mighty ve ute transformation

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
Jeo

Baller. Love it.
BLSTIC

Just a thought, with this much work it's no longer a Mighty Boy, it could be registered as a scratch built vehicle. You would have to use an engine less than 10 years old though. Maybe a 350Z motor? In any case you would have to start the paperwork process *now* while the car was still being constructed, otherwise proving construction method would be difficult.
Brayden

Dannygibbons wrote:Yea mate making it rear wheel drive and putting an Ecotec v6 into it 4link rear suspension front wishbone suspension and upgraded breaks all round the plan is to get as much working in The car as possible eg air con heater etc want to make it drivable on road ! Well at least till I get busted and it gets taken off the road then I'm just going to polish it up real nice and hide it in my shed and look at it once a week lol
Doesn't look like there's any plan to engineer it as an ICV. ;)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Dannygibbons

Got the 4 link in today not an easy job with no reference measurements at all

Hard to get decent photos
Ordered the coil overs need to make some brackets to mount them

And hey mate the car is registered and roadworthy at the moment I'll just drive it till it gets dragged off The road then just turn it into a burnout toy
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Brayden

That fab work looks really nice. Even for a burnout toy you're doing it right.  :thumbup1:
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Dannygibbons

Thanks Branden thought do it right once won't have to do it again later on ;-)

Boxed in the back of the 4 link make it look nicer bit of extra strength
Attachments
image.jpeg
Zeeky

Hey mate, very impressive work.

Just a few questions....
Is that a stock diff? Or was it shortened, if its stock what car is it from.

Also, im assuming youve started buggerising around withe the front. So im curious what youve done there also.

One more thing... Where are you located?
Cos ill be doing the same thing to my mighty boy (minus all the sick bodywork cos thats outta my league) and id love to see it and ask some questions.

Cheers.
Dannygibbons

I live in vic mate any questions u have I'm happy to answer

I haven't started on the front yet I want to just focus on one part at a time once I get the springs in the rear and have it all cleaned up and primed (chassis only) I'll move onto the front chassis and mounting motor and susspension !!! Then I'll do all floor, firewall paneling etc

It's a vs ss ute dif and I shortened it 17" bro
frednutz

any progress  have been watching with interest
:)
located ferntreegully victoria
Dannygibbons

Rear shocks in custom mounting brackets and pan hard bar onto the centre rails gear box mouton etc all measurements and angles are difficult as its all guess work then fail then guess again as there's nothing online no plans to follow hope to have the engine in and bolted properly in next few months
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Psi_Wagon

all this great bodywork, but why the v6?
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=180305
Dannygibbons

I always wanted to put a bigger motor in one after seeing corrupt years ago and I'm hoping I can make it look and sound normal enough to be able to get away with driving it on the road for a while as it still registered so don't nee roadworthy etc ,
They are an easy accessible motor aswell if I end up just using it as a burnout car cheap and easy to replace !!
Psi_Wagon

i get where your coming from, im in vic myself and im doing something very similar to another mightyboy ive got.  but damn the old commodore v6 is up there with one of the most horrible sounding motors ever lol.  have you considered a toyota 4L v8 or similar?
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=180305
Zuffen

The Lexus V8 is 700mm wide across the heads so it would never fit between the towers.

Now a LS1/2/3 would fit and make a heap more power.

I have a Lexus V8 in my Range Rover and an LS3 in an ICV I built and the LS3 is twice the engine.
Dannygibbons

Made some gear box mounting brackets and welded to rails also the start of the tunnel fram chassis from firewall back is just about done !
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg