The resurrection of 'Special Ed'

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
Brayden

Back in 2009 I bought a shabby MightyBoy which became a little project build so the missus would have a ute to drive. He was nicknamed 'Special Ed' (see Crank Yankers for reference). Ed was stripped down, resprayed and fitted with a rebuilt F8B and a few other little mods here and there. Sadly though, Ed wasn't as popular with the wife as I thought he would be, and a lack of space in the garage meant he was put in the corner of the yard. Several years and a baby later, there's still no love for Special Ed from my other half, so it is time to pull him out of the yard and help him find a new home. :)

Before that happens, I've decided he needs a complete overhaul - paint, wheels, brakes, bushes, suspension, stereo - the motor and box have done no work since being installed, so they'll just get a checkup. By the time I'm finished Ed won't be a cheap ute, but hopefully there's a buyer who appreciates the effort. If not I've got a bigger garage now, so he can stay safely under cover. 8)

Here's the start of the process, with more updates to come.
special-ed-pt2.jpg
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Jellety

Thats so sad that it hasnt been driven after the first overhaul! Good luck with this one! What color is it going to be?
Brayden

Factory red again, but with a black turret this time. I tried it on an MB I resprayed last year, looks good IMO.
20160619_085635.jpg
Jellety

I see that the red mightyoy has a sunroof?! Is that factory standard?
Brayden

It was dealer fitted. Suzuki didn't ever offer a sunroof from the factory.
Pretty cool though, it pops open, or you can undo a clip and the whole glass panel comes out.
Jellety

Thats cool! I'm gonna see if i can find one on internet, do you know what type or brand it is?
Eamon

It must be the colour red... my parents had a red mightyboy with the same sunroof on the top. they look pretty neat
Brayden

Jellety wrote:Do you know what type or brand it is?
The only branding on it is a sticker that says ELITE Sunroof - Melbourne.
Brayden

Wow, 9 months have passed since I started this thread! There has been some progress, but not as much as I'd like. Hard to get motivated in Canberra winters.  :cry:
I did manage to order a whole bunch of parts - new wiper linkages, front struts, springs, lowering blocks, headlights, steering wheel + more.
The only real progress has been to install a new brake master cylinder, knock some dings out of the body, and refurbish a set of Watanabe F8 wheels. I was stoked to find a set of staggered offset rims that seem to be perfectly specced for a MightyBoy. I'll take pics once they're bolted on. :D
Psi_Wagon

nice, i tried for ages to find wattanabe f8's in the size i wanted (15x8) but ended up getting Rota RB instead!
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=180305
86BOY

Really sucks to hear you don't have the motivation, especially down your way with it being chilly when winter is over. I'm stuck up here with bad rainy weather which is enough to stop me from doing anything to my other Boy. I actually thought those wheels were being restored to go on the Snot Rocket, I think you have no choice but to see how they actually look on it though :snigger:.
Boosted F8B Pocket Rocket.
Brayden

Snot rocket is 4x100 these days, so the Watanabes won't fit! I am on the hunt for wheels for it though, the 17's aren't doing it for me.
86BOY

Damn! Watanabes would look great on it, Special Ed is sure to look extra special. Couldn't imagine the ride would have been the best with 17's and the lowest profile tyres but I guess its not daily driven. :wink:
Boosted F8B Pocket Rocket.
Brayden

The ride is almost unbearable, although someone younger might disagree. :lol:
TurboKat

Amen Brother, I've got 165/45/15s & a little part of me dies every time I hit a pothole.   :cry:
Gunna try 165/50s when these wear out but I'm not expecting them to be much better.