Introduce yourself!

Chat about anything and everything.
BusBoy

Hi everyone!

I have just bought a Mightyboy with a F8B conversion already done on it, needs some work to get it roadworthy but that's part of the fun of these little cars.

I intend to use it as my "wet weather" vehicle once its back together, just a quick 15km squirt up the Ipswich motorway to the depot a few times a day. My current daily is a postie bike which is not fun in the wet on the motorway lol :-o
BigBoy

I'm back !

I knew I would say that but not this soon it's been about 18 months since I sold my f8b mightyboy the one with 17s on it

Anyway I just bought another one it's the auto 500cc one this time and in a lot worse condition then my last one but it's got a genuine 92,000kms on it :)

I just drove it home from Perth freeway drive lil fella managed to get up to 100kmh although it's very loud it didn't seem to struggle

Needs abit of tlc but that's just the start as I've recently branched out with unique dipping Perth I'm going to plasti dip the whole mighty boy and use him as a work car / promo car for unique dipping bunbury :)
Tez

Welcome Back...
I Plasti-Dipped the cracks in my MB's dashboard - worked a treat. : :thumbup2:
If you were to Plasti Dip the whole car, how much weight would that add? :-o
Tez
So the adventure continues...
BigBoy

Plasti dip is great stuff wen done right and I couldn't even tell u mate I don't think it would add a great deal maybe if u were to do a rediculous amount of coats it might add a lot of weight
Bear351c

This, I gotta see.............. :-o
Brayden

There was an orange plasti-dipped Wagon R+ for sale recently. It didn't look great, but that was probably due to lack of painting skill rather than the product itself. The DipYourCar guys in the USA did an Audi R8 in grey metallic. Looked pretty impressive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_Ta1KTrzqg

I looked at doing the same treatment on one of my rough-ish utes because I thought it would be easier/cheaper than a respray. Turns out that despite being thicker than paint, Plasti-Dip doesn't hide imperfections, and it needs a good clean paint surface to bond with. So basically I would have to straighten and respray the ute before applying the Plasti-Dip. :? :roll:
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Tammydanni

image.jpg
Hey everyone. I introduced myself back n Oct last year but thought I'd say g'day again and let you know mightyboy number 5 is almost ready!! I'm super excited and can't wait to show this little gem off. Unlike my others, this time I've chosen a non mightyboy colour. It's a nice pink (almost red) with pearl in the paint. I am chomping at the bit to drive it because it has a 1litre swift motor in it. (I'm so not mechanically minded so can't tell you anything else about motor) oh. It is also a 5 speed manual and hubby has modified the suspension so I don't roll it ... I've accidently had my other ones on two wheels a few times when I push the limits. I'm still after a few bits but if need be, I'll buy mightyboy number 6 for spare parts. If I do I'll let you all know what's left and fir sale. I'll post pics once it's ready.
Have fun out there and stay safe!
Tammy :)

Here it is. Finally! And registered. Just need a set of wheels and to sort out idle problem. I'm amazed at how fast this little car goes :)
Last edited by Tammydanni on Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brayden

Wow, that certainly is dedication!
Sparra 69

Hi All

My name is Ty Davis I'm 40 and live in Voyager Point, NSW. I have just purchased my first Mighty "mighty boy" for a Project car for me and my 16 Y.O son Jordan to work on(my plan to get him off the XBOX).
looking at starting with the engine which is an F8B. It runs ATM, but is blowing smoke like the Bat Mobile and have found it's coming from the #2 cylinder.
Have ordered the full gasket kit and will be looking at starting to strip it in the next few days so I can get the head in for a skim while I go on holidays for 10 days.
The son and I are still trying to work out the colour scheme we are going to paint it, but have decided that I am going to put a superman outer symbol on the bonnet with "MB" instead of the "S"
last chat was maybe a Fluro blue.
we have Photo's of what we are starting with, and hopefully can keep you all posted with how we are going.
Heads up, i'll probs be here looking for some help along the way and any starting tips are greatly appreciated.

Ty and Jordy Davis
Tez

Welcome Ty & Jordan. :thumbup2:
Mighty Boys make excellent first-car-projects and hopefully, someone on the forum should be able to help with most things.
If you're planning to make a project of the car, perhaps you could start a thread specific to the project Under "Suzuki Projects" where, you can keep all your stuff together in one place.
Cheers
Tez
So the adventure continues...
Alex026

Hey everyone. My name is Alex and I own a Suzuki Alto MY12 which I bought cheap off a good friend. I love weaving in and out of the city streets of Sydney in it and for a smaller car, it runs quite well. I can’t wait to talk more in these forums.
Brayden

Hi Alex. I'm pretty sure you're the first person we've had on the forum with a current model Alto. Hopefully we can get some more owners on here and start some discussions.
Footprince

Im Dazza, I have an ST20K Carry which i'm restoring along with a Datsun 1600. I'm an electrician from Adelaide
Trounced

Good Evening everyone, Wes Trounce here i am currently looking at purchasing a mighty boy as a daily to get to work to save on some fuel.

the car i am looking at is a 1987 with 149000 on the clock, he says it has a replacement engine but not sure on details.

the engine has a ticking noise currently and just not sure what it might be, also there is a click crunching noise when either turning or going over bumps i need to investigate further.

he said he would take $800 and it seems a fair price.

im guessing it might be front shock tower but i have heard they can be fairly expensive because you have to go genuine ?

there didn't seem to be too much rust in it, rear tailgate had a bit across the top and there was a little bottom of the front fenders.

gearbox seems fairly loose but im not sure on how the linkages are setup, is this normal ?

what does everyone think is it worth it for $800 ? or am i likely to have to spend too much to get it back on the road as it currently has no rego :-(

thanks

Wes
Brayden

Hi Wes, welcome to the forum.
Engine clicking could be heaps of things, but most likely loose tappets or a big end bearing on the way out. The first is an easy fix (adjustment) and the second is a far bigger problem.
Clunking in the front end could be a worn shock, or any of the rubber bushings could be flogged out and need replacing. Front shocks aren't available new any more, so the options are to have the originals rebuilt with new inserts, or adapt something from a similar car (Daewoo Matiz is a popular choice).
Gear shifters are not precise, and that's a design flaw. Not even replacing all of the linkage bushes will solve it completely.

At the end of the day you're paying $800 for a car that is nearly 30 years old, so you can expect to have your hand in your pocket regularly to keep it on the road. I've bought MB's for a few hundred bucks that have passed rego with very little work, but to make them reliable and nice to drive takes more investment (time AND money).