Introduce yourself!

Chat about anything and everything.
Trounced

Thanks Brayden. i know its old and im not expecting a new feel, just trying to work out what would need to be fixed to register.
do you or others here use these cars as daily drivers ?

My current Daily driver is an 82 Landcruiser Troopy so i know about being old and needing to be fixed, im more just wanting to make sure i dont buy it and then have issues keeping it road worthy ?

i used to own a mitsubishi cordia, i could never find parts and maintenance was an issue due to this.

How hard is it to modify to fit another shock tower ?

thanks
Brayden

The tech questions are probably best put in a new thread in the workshop section, but the short answer is that mechanical parts for these things are still pretty common and not hugely expensive because the MB has similarities to a few other models. Having a unique body means that panels, seals, mirrors and glass are getting harder to source.

In the scheme of things I'd say an MB is maybe a bit better than a Cordia when it comes to running costs, mostly due to their simplicity.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Trounced

Thanks heaps Brayden.

its looking like we are going to get it and see how we go, hoping to talk him down to $500 but even at $800 if seems a fair price considering how rare they are.

will post pics and introduce myself better once i get it.

thanks guys for all help i know my questions can get annoying when you are talking to a noob
Trounced

Hey everyone. Ill start again
Im Wes Trounce.
Work for Trade and Investment NSW as a technical support analyst.

Im 36 Married 3 kids. Owned mitsubishi cordias and slowly got to bigger and faster cars.

I imported a Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 Twin turbo AWD. ( 8th Gen Galant) I just sold it a few weeks ago and decided to get a small car to save on fuel. my daily is currently an FJ45 Troopcarrier. Its got a 350 chevy engine on LPG.

I'm now the owner of 1987 Suzuki MightyBoy.

It seems to be in fair condition so should be good.

Will have to get over to Albury in it some time if others from here are over that way as we get over there a bit.
eburi

Hey guys, I'm Brendan and I've recently acquired a Suzuki Every. It's got the glass roof, it's turbo and it's 4WD

:)
image.jpg
Brayden

That's the first glass roof I've seen in Australia. So cool!
Buggiee

Gday Ben here, Blue mountains, bought my 800cc Mightyboy in 2011 when I lived in Brisbane aslo had a 550cc, brought the 800cc down to the blue mountains with me. Now just getting her ready for blue slip.
Warrior1

Hi there to all you MB owners/enthusiasts. My Name is Colin and I am an Old Fart (71) have just recently purchased an unregistered 1985 MB SS40T in reasonable condition, I am in the process of getting it up to Rego standards (Vic). My intention with my MB is to hook it up behind my Mororhome (Merc LWB HR) and also use it as my normal runabout, I have been doing most of the work however the tough jobs I have a mechanic that does it for me. I live in Hastings Vic.
Drano

Hi everyone, I've wanted to own a Mighty Boy since I first saw them as a teenager in the 1980s. They were too much for me then, and later I got caught up with other cars.

18 months ago, I bought this one unregistered on eBay, with a blown head gasket. Hopefully the photos are below. I've worked on it at home, with two mechanic friends. It's been a slow process, but now the Mighty Smurf (as my wife calls it) is on the road. All two speeds of automatic thrashing power. :P

I'm wondering if anyone knows the background of my MB? I bought it from a guy, who bought it from a guy... So its origins have been lost in transfer.

It's got the F8B motor, not sure if it came with that originally. I don't know why it was painted blue/white (I can see it was originally red). It has small lights on the roof (which I haven't yet tried to get working). I can see a muddy high water mark behind the seats, where I guess it's been caught in floodwater at some stage. When I bought it I could see the faint outline of an old sticker on the back window, which said something like "my dad was a truck and my mum was a ute".

About all I've done for its appearance is recover the seats, which were a light brown (cracked) vinyl, in a similar black vinyl.

About me - I live just north of Brisbane.. And I'm a bit of a micro car nut, having owned 2 FSM Nikis, one Smart car and a Daihatsu Copen in my time. Cheers Mark.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/132414851 ... 071759865/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/132414851 ... 071765035/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/132414851 ... 449319724/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/132414851 ... 885552399/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/132414851 ... 071765035/
1986 Mighty Smurf - SOLD
1996 Range Rover HSE
1985 Subaru Vortex XT
Blog: classicandclunker.com
Reidy13

Heyho I'm Reidy,
I'm a 17 y.o. with a MB as my first car (ute) and I live in QLD but go to boarding school near Sydney in NSW. I'm not very knowledgeable and will ask a lot of questions... *sorry*... My dad told me to sign up in this forum to find out more about MBs and to find parts.
I'm 18 and the MB is my first UTE!!
arklan

your dad is pretty smart!
Jeo

Hi all,

My name's Joe and my brother and I just bought a stock '85 Mighty Boy.

Motorkhana and khanacross is what we've got in mind, replacing my MX5 which I'd built up over the past 9 years.

Current plan is to flog hell out of the F5A until she dies or we get bored, then go chasing power. Personally I'm leaning towards the F8 or G10 swap, but many others are encouraging the turbo route. Beyond that, stupid wheels and tyres, some suspension work, and as much weight saving as is practical/within the rules is the overall theory.

Already learned lots by browsing through the forums over the past few weeks, but dead keen to lean more and share as we go.
Brayden

Great to have another Canberra person on board. :D
Jeo

Thanks Brayden! Keen to meet some of the other Canberra people so I can get an idea of where I'm headed with the build. Let me know if anything is scheduled any time soon.
Brayden

I plan on organising something in spring. Details will be posted on the forum and the TMB facebook page.