Introduce yourself!

Chat about anything and everything.
Jacob:)

Hi All, My name is Jacob, I am 17 turning 18 and live in Redcliffe(just north of Brisbane). I have always had an obsession with Mighty Boys Ever since I saw my first one a few years ago. I bought my firs Mighty boy about 3 weeks ago witch is also my first car and have many big plans for it. Its Stock as a rock at the moment but will eventually be as awesome as some of you guys utes... my first goal is to attend the next Albury Cruise this year. :) :)
CHR15 N

Jacob:) wrote:... my first goal is to attend the next Albury Cruise this year. :) :)
Mate that is a good goal to have! Alot of members dont make the trip so good luck. Although a big drive from QLD.
Rabbit

Hi guys and Gals,
they call me Rabbit I thought I would join in anticipation of purchasing my first mighty boy which I am getting in about four weeks (buying it off one of my work mates. I am not sure of the model although he said something about it being the shorter one? Anyway it has the 800cc motor in it and I am looking for ideas on what fun little things I can do to this car to make it "all that it can be"

I have been searching the net and seen some things like the idea of and would like some suggestions of what you guys think

Also I would like to hear from anyone in the Newcastle area
m00neelee

My name is Graham and I suffer from a mental illness. That's right, I bought an '85 Mighty Boy. Recently decided to get a little runabout to drive to work, found a registered project car in Dubbo that my learner driver daughter got to drive all the way back to Queanbeyan. :D

Current plans are just to restore it to it's former glory. The first task of course is to fix the gear link jamming issues.
NOTE: The term Mighty Boy is a registered trade mark of the Suzuki Motor Corporation and in no way represent that the vehicle is Mighty or a Boy, but it is a ute damn it!
Brayden

Hi Graham, good to see another MB owner in the Canberra region. 8)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
m00neelee

Brayden wrote:Hi Graham, good to see another MB owner in the Canberra region. 8)
Pity the local kids don't think the same way. 2nd night at home and the arsemonkeys spray painted the half-life symbol on the drivers door & destroyed the mirror. Was going to respray it anyway, but now need to add a mirror to the list of parts to find.
NOTE: The term Mighty Boy is a registered trade mark of the Suzuki Motor Corporation and in no way represent that the vehicle is Mighty or a Boy, but it is a ute damn it!
Brayden

The last time I dared drive my MB to Queanbeyan I was parked less than five minutes and my alloy valve caps were stolen. Another five and they probably would have had the wheels too! :lol:
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
hemiboy

Hi All,
My name's Jay i recently acquired a mighty boy as i have always wanted one more as a musing but have since grown to love these little troopers. Im so used to giving my vehicles girls names so Lady boy has stuck or because of its colour i tend to yell the quote from Old School "you're my boy Blue". :lol: All jokes aside i'm struggling with the power problem as she sits between a 2160cc harley and a 750cc Ninja. i thought it appropriate because of its size.

I have always owned bigger cars, which also means much much heavier and all rear wheel drive so i hope you guys can forgive my ignorance with a lot of my questions :stupid: The MB rounds out my collection at the moment as i have a Q-code Thunderbird (american muscle) VY SS ute (aussie muscle) Oval window Beetle (Euro vintage) and now 1985 Mighty Boy (Midget Muscle). I know i could have gone with my other options RX7 series 5 or Skyline R31 but i'm happy with my choice. If i want fast ill get in or on one of my other toys.

That said i don't want to die trying to pull out in traffic but i dont want to spend 10k making 100kw my goal is just to build a little cruiser that is a little bit of fun. I have a tendency to go overboard but if it makes the car its worth it.

My intention is to eventually turbo the Lady boy 'cause it aint rice without a dose of soy.

Thanks
The money i save wont buy my youth again!
Mardy

Hi everyone, I'm Mardy. I'm here on the Mid North Coast of NSW. 41, wife, three children, house loan, a lawn that needs mowing....the usual stuff. :snigger:
I just bought a '85 ST90 Carry van using the excuse that 'its for my son' who turns 16 next month....:wink:...so I will be hanging around the Carry/every section like a bad smell, asking stupid questions and posting updates on the rebuild of this beaut little van named 'Charlie'. This little Carry has a great back-story which I will share in my first post in the van section.
I've always loved small cars (but always needed big ones) although I have in the past owned 2 Mokes, a 850 Mini Clublan and a LJ50 Zuke 4x4 BC. (before children)
Cheers.
I know nothing....realy! Just ask me....
TurboKat

G'day all, I've been cruising around this forum for a few months now & I thought I'd better intro myself before I attempt to dive into this pool of collective knowledge of Suzuki's mighty... err... Mighty Boy (& Carry)
I'm Darren, I live in Bayside Melbourne, 40+ going on 18, qualified Mechanic, serial modifyer, DA21V Carry owner & like many here, I have had a soft spot for the Mighty Boy for a long time - since they were released in my case - I remember seeing one for the first time as a young bloke & actually LOLing at the ridiculousness of the whole concept... a 550cc FWD Ute with a tub that would barely fit a haybale in it. :NFI: but also :thumbup1:
Of course I also loved the fact that it was such an oddball & unique vehicle & I've always been meaning to get myself one & now I have (well, 2 actually)
So I'd been looking around on all the online auction & classified sites for about 3 months, I set myself a purchase budget of $2K & bidded on a couple of good ones but kept losing out.
Then I got desperate & bought this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271247223764 ... 1423.l2649, I wasn't looking for a project because I already have more than enough of those but I had a hardon for a Mighty Boy that wouldn't go away so I just hadta.
As Murphy's Law would have it, the NEXT F*CKING DAY this gets posted on Ebay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/111130596114 ... 1497.l2649, now this was more like what I'd been looking for all along so I bought it & I'm REALLY glad I did, it was a serious bargain compared to the others I'd been bidding up to 2 grand on & when I went to pick it up, FMD if it didn't already have a Big Block in it (F8B) :woot: (no mention of the 800 motor in the ad)
So I've spent a day cleaning the white one up (which is actually a lot better than it looks) & I'm putting it back up for sale so I can focus on the Blackfella.
I'll take some pics & do a thread in the M.B. section when I get some time.
I'm looking forward to adding to my M.B. knowledge & experience, see you on the virtual road Scags. :thumbup2:
Darren.
silo

Hi all,

My name is Silas, i live in goulburn and i don't have a mightyboy!
I've got a cappo that im modifying for track days at wakefield (between working 2 days in sydney and building a house)

I've been lurking on here for a while now, and have found it a very valuable source of information so im very glad to be here!

um... thats all i can think of now, sorry.

Cheers
ssc87

Hey guys my name is steve. I cant remember whether I have posted in this thread before but I have been a long time member and forum reader. I have a f8b powered mighty boy which I am in the process of stancing and driving daily. My mate also has a mighty boy we are fixing up so hopefully we will be able to cruise down together to the National meet up. Will post a build thread when I am happy with the progress but otherwise I will continue to post questions in the hopes of fixing all my small problems.
XiT

Hey I'm Beau i have a bright green boy still with the F5A 4 speed, even has the original seats still :D Trying to make a little rocket out of it for some fun messing with the big cars, i work as a computer nerd saying have you tried turning it off and back on again. such an easy job lol, also learning tuning as we also have a dyno in the second part of the business :) also do airbrushing for fun so paint ideas are always welcome :D
If you can't wish for more wishes, wish for more Genies
Tammydanni

Hey everyone. Im Tammy. I'm 42, married with 2 teenage boys.
Apparently, I have an unhealthy obsession with Mightyboys.
Some people collect stamps, I collect Mightyboys. I love watching my families
Reaction when a tow truck arrives with another Mightyboy that needs some
TLC. secretly, I know they have a soft
Spot for the little trucks too because restoration becomes a family
Affair Lol
My very first car was a gorgeous little yellow one. I had no licence, nor
Was I looking to get one; until one day I saw the cutest little car in a car yard
And knew I would die if I didn't have it. Ok. Perhaps not die but I was having
That car.
I've just bought my 4th Mightyboy for a bargain. Immaculate, low Klms and
Everything original. Even has AM radio, which I've kept in the car.
Hubby is about to build a lockable, weather proof shed for my prized
Processions. My next mission is to find another Mightyboy to pop on a
Sierra chassis! Should be interesting.
As a busy mum and company director the Dinkys are not my
Everyday car but I do drive them often and every weekend. Otherwise, it's my
Navara which is fun, especially in the mud ;)
Will I give up collecting? I seriously doubt it. :)
Tez

Way to go Tammy! :thumbup2: Absolutely NOT enough girls vocal in this group.
4 - you say? - sounds like you have been bitten hard by the MB bug!... (pictures please)
You don't say where you are, but if you're anywhere in the lower right-hand corner of mainland Australia, we do get together every now and again for a meet/greet & cruise... Of course you'd be welcome. :)
Tez
So the adventure continues...