Starting from scratch

Chat about anything and everything.
will821982

Hi Everyone,

I've recently purchased my Mighty Boy from a mate. It's a 85 with the typical f5a. As I'm completely new at the MB seen and thought I'd start a discussion to see what you all thought.

My MB is in reasonable condition but being over 30 years old it really needs some attention to get it back to a good standard, so the the first things I'm doing is bushes, brakes, suspension, fluids and a valve set. Is there anything common that you would recommend having a look at?

The next thing for me is to put a turbo and efi set up on the f5a as I have already picked up a turbo and efi and now what im thinking it to put a Halse have sprint 500 ecu and use coils from a LS engine for my ignition. Firstly I think it's possible but is it over kill and is there a better method? Also once the f5a does die I will be replacing it with a f8b which I believe will be a direct bolt in but will need a retune.

Lastly once I've got all the engine and drive line soughted I will be Restoring the body, paint and interior.

I've had a search around the forums but haven't found too much so if you know the links to any good forum discussions I would much appreciate it.

Thanks for any help as it is much appreciated.

Cheers, Will.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1476919320925.jpg